Crocodiles can be found in the Kharidian Desert. They inhabit the river and both banks of the River Elid south west of Pollnivneach, north of Sophanem, and west of Nardah. Nardah and Sophanem both have banks, although the Sophanem bank is only available for players who have completed the quest Contact!.
Larger crocodiles infest the area east of Sophanem, along the south coast and in the eastern marshes. They are identical in combat; however, these crocodiles drop big bones and may occasionally drop long bones and curved bones. Most crocodiles are found in areas where desert heat is present and thus require players to have a water source to avoid taking damage from thirst. An exception are the crocodiles in the marshes to the far east of Sophanem.
Killing crocodiles can also be assigned as a city quest in Menaphos.
- Magic attacks work well, with the crocodiles taking damage with nearly every hit. However, it's best to mage the closest crocodiles. If you try to mage the ones further away, they may retreat beyond your range and it'll be extremely difficult to close in on the one you were fighting.
- Crocodiles along the River Elid will often cross the river and at times will all be on the opposite bank from the player. Taking a ranged weapon and sufficient ammunition allows the player to attack the crocodiles on the other bank. Be aware that the crocodiles once attacked will cross the river to attack back and can even attack while in the river.
- If a crocodile is killed while partially or fully in water, its drops will not appear (presumably they sink to the bottom of the water, but this is not shown in the game).
- Players may want to kill crocodiles in the marshes to the east of Sophanem, as most of the marshes are not affected by desert heat. If water is used, there is a stream north by the nearby archaeologists where waterskins can be filled.
- Waterskins are recommended when fighting crocodiles in the desert. Waterskins can be refilled in various places, such as in Pollnivneach at the fountain or at the well using a bucket. The enchanted water tiara, which can be made after completing the Dealing with Scabaras quest, can be stocked up with water runes and used as a water source against desert heat.
Crocodiles east of Sophanem[edit | edit source]
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- Crocodile tails have been made longer.
- update 2 January 2008 (Update):
- Updated crocodiles to create a snappy and sharp(toothed) new look.
- The examine text is a reference to the song "Never Smile at a Crocodile", used in Disney's 1953 film Peter Pan.
- Crocodiles east of Sophanem used to be stronger than those found elsewhere, and were the only ones to drop big bones. After the Evolution of Combat update, all crocodiles became the same level and are identical in combat.