Create Gatestone is a spell that can only be used while Dungeoneering. It conjures a gatestone that is put in your inventory. The player can then drop it anywhere and teleport to it at a later time using Gatestone Teleport, which destroys the gatestone. If the player dies with a stone, it will automatically drop onto the floor, allowing the player to quickly teleport to the location.
The player may only have one gatestone at a time (they can have a group gatestone along with it however). If a gatestone was dropped, casting Create Gatestone would work as normal and destroy the old gatestone. If the old gatestone is in inventory a message will prevent player casting Create Gatestone.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 15 January 2018 (Update):
- The Gatestone, Gatestone Two and Group Gatestone teleports can now all be cast while on the global cooldown, as can creating a Gatestone or Gatestone Two.
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- The Create Gatestone animation has been reverted to no longer show coins.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast the "Create Gatestone" spells inside a Sinkhole.
- Create Gatestone uses the old animation of High Level Alchemy without a staff, and does not change if you wield one.