Crassians are an ancient, aquatic race, many of which resemble a combination between crabs and squids, although one individual, The Crassian Leviathan, has a more eel or hydra-like appearance. The race was completely unknown until Captain Mulligan and his smugglers accidentally woke them while setting up a hideout in the Ashdale Caves.
It was believed that they reproduced by trapping their victims within an egg, where they slowly transformed into crassians themselves. This may be disputed however, with a massive amount of Crassians serving The Ambassador, along with the presence of smaller Crassians. Ashdale's Crassians are bright in colour, while those serving the Ambassador are more darker, perhaps a result of corruption.
Most crassians are not very intelligent beings and are mainly interested in feeding and reproducing, although one individual Crassian, The Sanctum Guardian, is capable of intelligent speech.
They are first encountered during the quest "A Shadow over Ashdale", and again in Beneath Cursed Tides, in which Hector Vivian calls for a group of Crassians to aid him in fighting the adventurer and Wizard Myrtle.
Captain Rabid Jack controls Zogoth, a zombified Crassian, who also has minions of its own at its disposal.
Known Crassians[edit | edit source]
- Agoroth, the gigantic leader of the Crassians.
- Crassian scouts, the scouts of the race.
- Crassian warriors, the warriors of the race.
- Crassian scuttlers, apparently the babies or adolescents.
- The Black Stone Scuttler, a crassian scuttler corrupted by the mysterious black stone found within the Shadow Reef.
- The Sanctum Guardian, a Crassian who guards the inner sections of the Temple of Aminishi.
- Crassian reinforcements, summoned by the Sanctum Guardian during combat.
- Horrific Crassian, a large Crassian found in the Temple of Aminishi.
- Zogoth, a zombified Crassian controlled by Captain Rabid Jack.
- A promotional Umbral Crassian Pet was available with Twitch Prime.
- Crassian Leviathan, a massive Crassian encountered in the Shadow Reef.
- Boggoth, a zombified Crassian found in The Shadow Reef.
- Crassian ritual keepers, summoned by the Ambassador during combat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Crassians seem to be based on common images of the Deep Ones from the works of H. P. Lovecraft.
|Scenery||Dead man's chest|
|Bosses & Mini-bosses|