|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master craftworkers.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Crafting cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Crafting skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins (or 92,000 coins with the ring of charos (a) or its imbued version) alongside the Crafting hood from the Master Crafter at the Crafting Guild by players who have achieved level 99 in Crafting.
The cape also has an emote, lasting 7.73 seconds, during which the player crafts a Wooden cat. The Crafting cape must be equipped in order to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Crafting, the Crafting cape will turn into a Crafting cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Crafting cape (t) has a yellow-golden trim.
Talking to Master Crafter gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a Keepsake key. If a player has keepsaked the original cape, whenever they change to the retro cape the override will also be the retro cape.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Crafting cape's perk provides unlimited thread and removes the need for thread when crafting leather, and provides a 0.75% chance to cut all gems of the same type in the player's inventory at once.
The first uncut gem the Crafting cape triggers on can trigger the portable crafter and crystal chisel effects. However, any additional uncut gems that are cut by the capes perk lose out on the chance to be saved by a portable crafter and duplicated by a crystal chisel.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Suqah leathers now correctly benefit from the perk of the Crafting Skillcape.
- patch 27 February 2017 (Update):
- Ganodermic armour can now be crafted without thread with the Crafting skillcape perk active.
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- An additional benefit was added to the existing perk (which provides an infinite source of thread while crafting). The cape's perk now also provides a chance to cut all of the gems in the player's inventory at once.
- ninja 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Players can now change their skillcape appearances at the master crafter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 210,105 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).