|Periodically zaps your combat target for 50% per rank of your weapon's damage (or 10% per rank in PvP). (1 minute cooldown)
||25 January 2016 (Update)
|Infobox • Talk page
Crackling is an Invention perk that periodically zaps the target for 50% ability damage per rank in PvM, or 10% per rank in PvP. It can be created in weapon and armour gizmos.
The damage done is based on the weapon's main-hand combat type. It activates every 60 seconds in combat. Some damage modifiers are taken into account when calculating the damage. Crackling takes adrenaline from the player's opponent in PvP.
- Using Ancient Magicks against Muspah will cause Crackling to deal double damage.
- Using Fire spells against Ice strykewyrms or Glacors will cause Crackling to deal double damage.
- Using Metamorphosis will affect Crackling's damage, if a Magic weapon is wielded in the main-hand slot.
- Targets under the effects of Vulnerability will take 10% additional Crackling damage.
- Berserk auras and damage boosting scrimshaws will affect Crackling's damage.
Other damage modifiers are ignored, including Berserk, Death's Swiftness, and Sunshine. Crackling is never able to damage Vyrewatch and other variants.
- Before an update, Crackling exclusively dealt magic damage regardless of the style used.
- Crackling is the only way melee damage can be dealt at a range.