|Periodically zaps your combat target for 50% per rank of your weapon's damage (or 10% per rank in PvP). (1 minute cooldown)
||25 January 2016 (Update)
|Infobox • Talk page
Crackling is an Invention perk that damages the player's target every 60 seconds for 50% ability damage per rank in PvM, or 10% per rank in PvP. It can be created in weapon and armour gizmos.
The style of damage Crackling inflicts is based on the equipped mainhand weapon. Some damage modifiers are taken into account when calculating the damage. Crackling takes adrenaline from the player's opponent in PvP.
- Using Ancient Magicks against Muspah causes Crackling to deal double damage.
- Using Fire spells against Ice strykewyrms or Glacors causes Crackling to deal double or +50% damage.
- Using Metamorphosis increases Crackling's damage if a magic weapon is wielded in the main-hand slot.
- Targets affected by Vulnerability take 10% additional Crackling damage.
- Berserk auras and damage boosting scrimshaws increase Crackling's damage.
Other damage modifiers are ignored, including Berserk, Death's Swiftness, and Sunshine. Crackling is never able to damage Vyrewatch.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- Altered the damage calculation on the 'Crackling' perk to use ability damage rather than weapon damage.
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- The Crackling perk now periodically zaps the target for 50% weapon damage per rank in PvM, or 10% per rank in PvP.
- Before an update
, Crackling exclusively dealt magic damage regardless of the weapon equipped.
- Crackling can inflict melee damage to targets standing outside of melee range.