Cow (player-owned farm)
Cows are livestock that can be raised and bred at Manor Farm once unlocked at level 49 Farming. They can be kept in large pens, which can be built at level 60 Construction, or the breeding pen, which can be built at level 55 Construction. Large pens have a capacity of three animals each, and breeding pens have a capacity of four animals. Unchecked cows and bulls are purchased through the Farmers' Market. The large pens will need to be unlocked from the Farmers' Market before being able to build the pen.
In total, there are five different breeds, including the shiny harlequin cow.
Like all farm animals, they may have up to three traits, which determine their selling price in beans to buyers, among other effects, and can be sold on the Grand Exchange in their unchecked form. Once they have been checked, however, they may only be traded directly between players or sold to Milkshake, the cow fancier. Six (12 with Senior Master Farmer rank in Farming reputation) can be sold every three days.
Perks[edit | edit source]
Like other animals purchased on the Farmers' Market, cows have separate perks for the females and males.
The cow perk is named "Milky, Milky", and it gives the player increased Cooking experience from churning. The tier 1 perk gives double experience from churning, while the tier 2 perk gives triple experience from churning. If an elder female cow is placed in a pen with a farm totem, the tier 1 perk is activated. If another elder female cow is placed in a separate pen with a farm totem, the tier 2 perk is activated.
The bull perk is named "Bully for You", and it gives the player a chance to not deplete a compost bin when collecting compost from it. The tier 1 perk gives the player a 1 in 5 chance to not deplete compost, while the tier 2 perk gives the player a 1 in 3 chance to not deplete compost. If an elder bull is placed in a pen with a farm totem, the tier 1 perk is activated. If another elder bull is placed in a separate pen with a farm totem, the tier 2 perk is activated.
Cow breeds[edit | edit source]
There are 5 cow breeds listed in the breeding log.
|Breed||Obtaining[b 1]||Produce[b 2]||Produce GE price|
|Kandarin cow||Cowhide (690)
Bucket of milk (522)
Chocolatey milk (not traded on GE)
Strawberry milk (967)
Vanilla milk (2,118)
|Harlequin cow (shiny)||
Bucket of milk (522)[b 3]
Animal stats[edit | edit source]
|Eats||Flowers, fruits, vegetables|
|Produce [?]||Varies between breeds|
|Muck||Manure and green manure|
|5 hours (25 hours)|
|Breeding success chance (%)||70%|
(from stage to stage)
|N/A||72 minutes||2.1 hours||2.7 hours|
|Growth check Farming XP|
|Cured disease Farming XP|
|Base sell price in beans|
|Buyer||Milkshake (cow fancier)|
|Last spawn(wrong?)||June 20 2021 00:00 UTC ago|
|Next spawn(wrong?)||June 23 2021 00:00 UTC|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- I Hardly Manure ( 5) – Clean up after cows 20 times. (X/20)
- You Had a Cow ( 0) – Complete all cow breeds.
- Cowsworn ( 0) – Successfully breed a cow with the Ravensworn trait.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- Cows, bulls and chinchompas on the Player Owned Farm will no longer appear without colour if textures are disabled.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A large amount of names are in reference to various sources.
- Annabelle is the name of the main character in Annabelle's Wish, an animated film about a cow wishing to be one of Santa's reindeer.
- Benicio and Guillermo are the first names of director Guillermo del Toro and actor Benicio del Toro (unrelated), whose last names literally translate to "of the bull".
- Elmer is a reference to Elmer the Bull, the mascot in the logo of Elmer's Products.
- Ferdinand is a reference to the titular character of Ferdinand the Bull.
- Salisbury is a reference to Salisbury steak.
- Wellington is a reference to Beef Wellington.
- Chuck refers to a cut of beef commonly used to make hamburger patties.
- Bob may refer to the titular character from the American television show Bob's Burgers.
- Angus refers to a cattle breed.
- Ermintrude refers to a cow on the British television program The Magic Roundabout.
- Daisy, Mickey, and Minnie are the core characters of the Mickey Mouse universe.
- Clara and Belle may also be derived from Clarabelle Cow, another character in the same universe.
- Dozer is a reference to a bulldozer.