|Release||29 March 2004 (Update)|
|Examine||A mysterious power emanates from this shrine.|
|doc • Talk page|
Access[edit | edit source]
As with most other Runecrafting altars, it can be accessed via the Abyss. Players could also enter its ruins by using a cosmic talisman or an omni-talisman. Players could also simply click on the ruins while wearing a cosmic tiara, omni-tiara, a wicked hood imbued with any of the above, an omni-talisman staff, or a cosmic talisman staff.
Currently, the fastest way to get there is to used the Wicked hood's teleport, which could only be used 2 times, or 3 if all the wicked robes have been purchased from the Runespan. The second fastest way is to break a cosmic altar teleport tablet. Both of these methods teleport the player just outside of the altar. The wicked hood can be obtained by talking to Tam McGrubor, and the teleport tablets by playing the Great Orb Project.
Experience[edit | edit source]
The maximum likely limit for crafting cosmic runes in one visit is 506. This would be achieved by having 59 Runecrafting, giving 2 runes per essence, and carrying 253 essence to craft (23 in the normal inventory along with 48 in the 5 sizes of Runecrafting pouches, along with 175 claimed from the wicked hood (if all the Wicked robes have been purchased), and 7 from any abyssal summoning creature. The maximum possible experience is 2,024 obtained while doing the above.
Tiaras[edit | edit source]
A cosmic tiara may be created at this altar by having a cosmic talisman and a normal tiara in your inventory. The player must use the tiara on the altar. Doing so will earn 40 Runecrafting experience.
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 10 April 2017 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Using the orb of oculus, you can see Maggie of Draynor to the north, this is because there is a miniaturised version of Draynor village north of the Cosmic Altar (this is not the actual village as the main RuneScape world is to the far south of the altars), and to the east, you can see the Death Altar. Also player may find the cosmic entity's plane to the west of altar.
- The spheres that fly throughout the altar look like Air Blasts using the old animation.
- It is currently possible to find implings here. It is currently unknown if this is a glitch or not.
- When entering the Cosmic Altar, players will be sent to one of the north, west, east, or south portals at random.