|Release||27 July 2020 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? It can be reclaimed from Giles on Anachronia.|
|Backpack||Use, Destroy, Examine|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A strange dragonkin device. It's emitting a lot of energy.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The cosmic accumulator is obtained by combining the cosmic focus, a reward from the Desperate Measures quest, with the cosmic pyramid, a reward for completing the Desperate for Artefacts collection after the completion of Desperate Measures. It requires level 90 Archaeology to obtain (boostable with soil tea at level 88 and with an Archaeology potion at level 87).
It has two passive effects when carried in backpack during excavation:
- Prevents Sprite Focus from dropping below 20% as long as you continue to excavate. If Sprite Focus is already below 20%, it will be prevented from dropping further.
- When excavating at a hotspot with a time sprite on it, randomly provides a 60-second buff (1% chance to activate) called stasis chamber fragment boost. While the buff is active, Sprite Focus gains an additional +1%, giving +3% per action with no other buffs. This stacks with the perk from the Archaeology cape for a total of +4%.
When the buff is activated, the player will receive the message The cosmic accumulator in your inventory starts vibrating, emitting energy. Whilst vibrating, your sprite focus gain is boosted. At the end it will say Your cosmic accumulator has stopped emitting excess energy.
Players can reclaim the cosmic accumulator if lost on death from Giles at the Anachronia Base Camp.
Steps to obtain[edit | edit source]
|Complete Desperate Measures to obtain the Cosmic focus.|
|Carry your Archaeology gear and your best mattock. (There is no materials cart nearby, so it is recommended to have magic notepaper or sign of the porter.)
Navigate to the dragonkin ruins north-east of the Anachronia lodestone.
Start with the Anachronia Agility Course, heading past the cave, and then go east past the jadinkos to reach the ruins.
Enter the southern door of the ruins to access the Orthen - Nodon hibernatorium excavation site.
|Uncover and excavate the two types of excavation hotspots in the site. Approximately 20 Orthenglass can be acquired using an imcando mattock.
You'll obtain the Ceremonial dragonkin device (damaged) from the dragonkin remains and Ceremonial dragonkin tablet (damaged) from the Orthen rubble.
|Restore these at an archaeologist's workbench to obtain the Ceremonial dragonkin device and Ceremonial dragonkin tablet.|
|Head to Anachronia, and contribute the restored artefacts to Giles at the home camp.
You'll obtain the Cosmic pyramid as a one-time reward.
|Combine the cosmic pyramid with the Cosmic focus to create the Cosmic accumulator.|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Miniature Monolith Maestro ( 5) – Create the cosmic accumulator by combining the cosmic focus and the cosmic pyramid after 'Desperate Measures'.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The additional Sprite Focus from the second effect is not gained on the tick the effect activates, so it does not affect the player's ability to drink powerburst of opportunity at the right time.
- The Cosmic Ordering journal seems to suggest that this item created by Skeka or her research team, based on her own cosmic pyramid.