||13 July 2015 (Update)
|Applies a damage-over-time effect to the target, dealing 100-300% of the active spell's damage over 6 seconds. This damage will spread to unaffected enemies targetting you.
|Infobox • Talk page
Corruption Blast is a basic Magic ability, unlockable through Raids from either the untradeable Corruption Blast Ability Codex or the tradeable Mazcab ability codex.
The first hit of Corruption Blast deals anywhere from 33–100% ability damage. Each subsequent hit will deal less damage, decreasing by 20% of the initial hit. For example, if the initial hit is 1080, the 5 bleeds will be: 1080–864–648–432–216. This means that the ability does 100-300% weapon damage over 5 hits. In player-versus-monster situations, each hit will spread to all adjacent targets in a 3x3 area. In player-versus-player, hits will only spread to other players actively in combat with the caster, and only in multi-combat areas.
In all situations, each bleed will hit every target for the same base damage; e.g. if the initial hit on a target A is 1080, the first hit when it spreads to a target B will be 864; the next hit on B will be 648. B will take 4 hits in total. This is true in player-versus-player situations as well; however, hits may differ between targets because of damage reduction from armour and defence levels. The corruption can never spread back to a target that already had it.
Like most other damage-over-time abilities, the damage of this ability is not increased by:
- damage-boosting prayers/curses,
- additional damage applied by having boosted levels (i.e. from potions - this is a separate damage increase to the raw increase from having a higher level),
- the Sunshine ultimate ability,
- all variants of Void Knight equipment,
- the black mask and all slayer helm variants.
Corruption Blast shares its cooldown timer with Corruption Shot. The corruption can be used together with other bleeds without overriding their effects, including Corruption Shot. If the corruption spreads to a monster that is not in combat, they will endure a bleed without targeting the player who used it (assuming the monster is unaggressive). This makes it extremely effective in crowded areas like the Heart of Gielinor, as the corruption will spread to progressively more targets, while only your first target retaliates. If a monster is not engaged in combat, the bleeding damage will not be restored after Corruption Blast ends its effect, because the monster does not disengage from a fight. The corruption effect cannot spread from a player to a monster, or vice versa. (While the corruption effect does not make a non-targeted monster aggressive, some monsters, notably the Automatons found in Guthix's Cave, will begin their countdown timer to use their special attack move.) If a non-aggressive monster spreads its corruption effect to an elite monster of the same kind, the latter does not become aggressive.
Freedom can be used to clear the corruption effect; however, it will still have a brief moment to spread. If targets are still adjacent to the player who used freedom when the bleed is cleared, it can spread to applicable targets. If the bleed is cleared before it can spread, the corruption will not move to any other targets.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Bleeds no longer deal 1 damage on their first hit in PvP.
- patch 23 July 2018 (Update):
- Corruption shot and corruption blast will no longer aggro cockatrice when they are hit with the chained bleed.
- patch 21 September 2015 (Update):
- Corruption Blast and Shot can no longer be used in free-to-play.
- Even if the player has the reward for quicker killing blows, Corruption Blast will not kill desert lizards that the effect spreads to from the initial target.