|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
A cooking range is an object used primarily to cook food via the Cooking skill. To cook raw food, simply use it on the range. Almost any food item can be cooked on a range, though there are some exceptions that require a fire and an iron spit. Players can also burn seaweed on a range to turn it into soda ash.
All ranges have lower burn rate than fires, and the Cook-o-matic 25 range in Lumbridge Castle has an even lower burn rate for low-levelled foods once unlocked after completion of Cook's Assistant. Foods which benefit from the decreased burn rate are listed in the cook-o-matic manual. However, this does not eliminate the player's risk of burning food until the player has reached the necessary Cooking level not to burn that item, as normal.
The sulphur pit in the TzHaar City (which is marked as a range on the minimap) along with the now-removed sulphur vents, and some fireplaces can also be used to cook food, but they function as eternal fires instead as range-only items like pies cannot be cooked on them.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Ranges are located in many other places than the areas mentioned below. They are marked on a player's minimap by the icon. Notable ranges are listed here. Players may also subsequently use burning logs to cook their food on.
Free-to-play[edit | edit source]
- Doris' house, directly west of the Edgeville's bank, the closest range to a bank for free players (although the player must re-open the door the the house every few minutes).
- Al Kharid, south of the furnace, the second closest range to a bank for free players.
- In a room in the south of Lumbridge, north of the swamp, to the west of the cemetery.
- The Cook-o-matic 25 in the kitchen of Lumbridge Castle, the third closest range to a bank for free players. Requires the completion of the Cook's Assistant quest.
- The Pick and Lute pub in in Taverley, behind Mess Sergeant Ramsey.
- Upstairs in the Cooks' Guild - must be above Cooking level 32 and wearing a chef's hat to enter. If all of the hard Varrock achievements are completed, a bank inside the guild is accessible to members.
- Ovens in the kitchen in northeast Varrock Palace.
- In the upstairs apartment section of the Varrock Sword Shop.
- Dororan and Gudrun's house, south of the Grand Exchange.
- Several houses south of the Party Room (surrounding the central fountain) in Falador.
- Port Sarim, south of Grum's Gold Exchange - useful if returning from Karamja to cook and bank high level fish like lobsters and swordfish in Draynor Village on F2P worlds.
- Rimmington, in the house north of Hetty's house.
- Draynor Manor, although very rarely used and almost inaccessible.
- Bandit Camp, very inconvenient unless the player is making pizza.
- Upstairs in Oziach's Armour and the general store in Edgeville.
- Daemonheim, within various dungeons (which requires branches to be placed inside to be lit).
Pay-to-play[edit | edit source]
|Location||Requirements||Close to bank?||Sink?|
|House north of bank in Catherby||None||Yes||Yes|
|Note: this is useful when fishing at the nearby fishing spots|
|Caleb's house, North-east of Catherby bank||None||Yes||Yes|
|House West of Lunar Isle bank||Lunar Diplomacy||Yes||Yes|
|Berty on Lunar Isle||Lunar Diplomacy||No|
|House South of the anvils in Seers' Village||None||Yes||No|
|Kitchen of Sinclair Mansion||Started Murder Mystery||No||Yes|
|Note: Right next to the range there is a barrel of unlimited flour, and outside there are rows of cabbage, wheat, potatoes|
|First level of the Cooks' Guild||Hard Varrock achievements,
|Note: This is the closest conventional range to a bank|
|Directly south of the bank in Zanaris||Lost City||Yes||No|
|The Kitchen of a player's house||Limited until
||Can be||Can be|
|Clay oven in Nardah||None||Yes||No|
|Clay oven in Neitiznot||Started Fremennik Isles||Yes||Yes|
|East of the Dead Man's Chest in Brimhaven||None||No||Yes|
|Directly west of the bank in Port Phasmatys||Completion of Ghosts Ahoy gives free entry to city||Yes||No|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ranges had a long-time graphical glitch where the player would cook the food at the coal gate rather than on the cooking pan. It was claimed to be fixed on 17 September 2009, but still has not been fixed at certain locations, like the range in Al Kharid.
- While the glitch was still in the game, only the range in Lumbridge was free of the problem.