|Release date||17 March 2001 (Update)|
|Also called||Cooking Guild, Chefs' Guild|
|No. of stores/banks||Bank (members only) and Romily Weaklax's Pie Stall|
|Required level||32 Cooking and Chef's hat/Cooking cape|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Cooks' Guild (also known as the Cooking Guild or the Chefs' Guild) is a three-storey windmill that is just west of Varrock, with a tiny wheat field behind it. Players can use a skills necklace to teleport just outside its entrance.
The guild is marked on the world map with a cookery shop icon (), a windmill icon (), a water source icon (), and a bank icon (), with a cooking range icon (), and a dairy churn icon () located on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. At one point, it was also marked with a brewery icon, despite the fact that no brewery has ever existed here. Jagex removed this some time later.
To enter the guild, players need level 32 Cooking and must be wearing a chef's hat or sous chef's toque. Members may also use a cooking cape or max cape in place of these items. Members who have also completed the Hard Varrock task set can also enter without any of the aforementioned items.
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The style of the Cooks' Guild is that of much of Varrock - Tudor style with timber frames. The structure is based around a windmill, which is essential for making flour, a key ingredient to recipes such as bread and cake. The guild is spread over three floors with a range at the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] and the hopper controls at the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US].
Ground floor[UK]1st floor[US][edit | edit source]
On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US], players will find the Head Chef, Romily Weaklax's pie stall, a sink, a flour bin, and a table with a chocolate bar on it. The Head Chef stops players who do not meet the requirements to enter the guild. If a player has 99 Cooking, he will sell them the Cooking Cape of Accomplishment for 99,000 coins if they are also a member.
To the right, there is a small room with a bank and a range. This room was introduced with the Varrock achievements on 10 September 2007. Only players who have completed the hard Varrock achievements may use the room. When on a free-to-play world, if a player tries to enter the small room, the Head Chef will say: "The bank's closed. You just can't get the staff these days."
Romily Weaklax will sell players a pie book and a large assortment of pies. He also can give them a certain amount of pies to bake, and can give a small reward for doing so.
1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US][edit | edit source]
The 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] contains two ranges and tables with pie dishes, cake tins, bowls, and two cooking apples. The millstones grind flour to be sent down the chute from the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US]. There is also a dairy churn here, which is the closest churn to a bank if the player has Varrock Armour 3.
This floor is al o very convenient for making apple pies, as all the materials and ingredients are nearby.
2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US][edit | edit source]
The 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] is the highest in the guild. It contains a hopper, into which players can put grain (found in a field north of the guild) to make flour. There are respawns on the tables for grapes, an empty pot, a cooking apple, and a jug.
This floor is mainly used to make flour, but also popular for collecting grapes without having to kill monsters.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 August 2020 (Update):
- The door in the Cooking Guild can now be left open when you're standing next to the range.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The light source in the Cooking guild's bank is now reattached to the wall.
- patch 6 October 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a problem if a player's membership expires while they're stood in the Cooking Guild.
- patch 4 October 2011 (Update):
- The dialogue on entering the Cooking Guild has been altered to allow a more speedy entry.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- The windmill blade on the Cooking Guild no longer clips through the building.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cooks' Guild is one of the best locations for training Cooking, all the way to 99, for players who have access to the bank on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]. There is a range just a few spaces from the bankers.
- At one point, the bank on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] was available to non-members, but this was soon changed. Now the bank is only available to members, as the Varrock achievements are members-only.
- If you have completed the Varrock hard achievements, while entering the Cooks' Guild the Head Chef will say: "My word! A master explorer of Varrock! Come in, come in! You are more than welcome in here, my friend!" instead of the usual.
- The Cooks' Guild was released on 17 March 2001, making it the first guild ever released.
- The wheat field just outside of the Cooks' Guild has the shape of a chef's hat
- Though officially called the Cooks' Guild, it is referred to in-game as the Cooking Guild, and the Cooking guide refers to it as the Chef's Guild.
- The 2011 Thanksgiving event was located just south of it.
References[edit | edit source]