Content Development Team
Content Developers are generally asked to develop a certain update with a particular goal (for example "a new, low-budget Herblore training method") and are more or less free to fill it in as they please and devise its mechanics, narrative, and gameplay, so long as it remains in accordance with the design. Content Developers code their own content and implement it accordingly.
Members[edit | edit source]
- This is not a definitive list of all content developers, rather those that are notable.
RuneScape[edit | edit source]
|Mod Rowley||British||Senior Content Developer||2006|
|Mod Maylea||French||Content Developer||2 October 2006|
|N/A||Mod Daze||British||Lead Content Developer||2009|
|Mod Mohawk||British||Senior Technical Developer||2014|
|N/A||Mod Tomb||British||Content Developer||2016|
|Mod Raven||British||Content Developer||2007|
|Mod Erator||N/A||Content Developer||2017|
|N/A||Mod Helen||British||Lead Technical Content Developer||2013|
|N/A||Mod Liam||British||Lead Content Developer, Product Owner||2005|
|Mod Orion||British||Content Developer||14 September 2015|
|Mod Doctor||British||Content Developer||2012|
|Mod Asherz||British||Senior Technical Developer||2011|
|Mod Ramen||British||Content Developer||2013|
|N/A||Mod Ryan||British||Senior Content Developer||2013|
|Mod Stu||British||Senior Content Developer||2006|
|Mod Hunter||N/A||Senior Technical Developer||2011|
|Mod Timbo||N/A||Senior Game Designer||2008|
|Mod Campfire||N/A||Content Developer|
|Mod Sova||N/A||Content Developer|
|Mod Shogun||Swedish||Content Developer||2014|
|N/A||Mod Zura||N/A||Junior Content Developer||2019|
|N/A||Mod Rain||N/A||Junior Technical Developer||2019|
|N/A||Mod Abe||N/A||Junior Content Developer|
|N/A||Mod Shrew||N/A||Content Developer||July 2018|
|N/A||Mod Sponge||N/A||Junior Content Developer|
Old School RuneScape[edit | edit source]
|Mod Ash||British||Principal Content Developer||12 July 2004|
|Mod Ed||N/A||Content Developer||8 June 2016|
|Mod Kieren||N/A||Lead Content Developer||7 July 2015|
|Mod Lenny||N/A||Content Developer||5 September 2016|
|Mod Tide||N/A||Content Developer||23 January 2019|
|Mod Husky||N/A||Content Developer||7 March 2019|
|Mod Flippy||N/A||Content Developer||5 August 2019|
|Mod Elena||N/A||Junior Content Developer||6 July 2020|
|Mod Zuko||N/A||Junior Content Developer||7 December 2020|
|Mod Arcane||N/A||Content Developer||6 April 2020|
|Mod Mack||N/A||Junior Content Developer||26 May 2020|
|Mod Oasis||N/A||Junior Content Developer||9 October 2019|
|Mod Squid||N/A||Content Developer||5 August 2020|
|N/A||Mod Kirby||N/A||Junior Content Developer||January 2020|
|N/A||Mod Dylan||British||Content Developer||2004|
Former[edit | edit source]
|Paul Gower||English||Co-founder||September 1999||2012|
|Mod Rathe||N/A||Content Developer||2005|
|Mod Tytn||N/A||Lead Developer||April 2002||November 2010|
|Mod Ana||N/A||Lead Developer||2010||5 June 2015|
|Mod John A||British||Senior Content Developer||2005||11 August 2014|
|Mod Wilson||N/A||Senior Content Developer||2005||2016|
|N/A||Mod Tom||British||Maps and quests, 3D Artist, Content Developer, Senior Artist, Lead Concept||2002||2007|
|Mod Krista||British||Scrum Master||2010||2018|
|Mod Ollo||British||Content Developer||2013||2016|
|Mod Nexus||British||Technical Developer||2006||2018|
|N/A||Mod Chaplain||British||Graduate Gameplay Programmer||2016||13 September 2017|
|Mod Roderick||British||Senior Content Developer||2007||2017|
|N/A||Mod Avatar||N/A||Content Developer||2011||6 May 2016|
|Mod Nancy||N/A||Lead Technical Developer||2006||2012|
|Mod Chris L||N/A||Principle Content Developer||2007||2015|
|Mod Liono||N/A||Senior Content Developer||2008||2014|
|N/A||Mod Greg||N/A||Content Developer||2005||2007|
|N/A||Mod Maz||British||RuneScape and Old School Training and Developer Lead||8 February 2005||8 October 2019|
|N/A||Mod Edam||N/A||Senior Game Designer||2009||2013|
|N/A||Mod Hew||N/A||Design Team Leader||2008||2015|
|N/A||Mod Trick||N/A||Content Developer||2008||2011|
|N/A||Mod Newmatic||British||Content Developer||2006||2009|
|N/A||Mod James||British||Senior Game Designer||2003||2014|
|N/A||Mod Ingrid||Polish/British||Content Developer||2007||2009|
|N/A||Mod Edge||N/A||Technical Developer||May 2017||22 August 2019|
|Mod Delta||N/A||Content Developer||2 August 2017||1 October 2017|
|Mod Reach||N/A||Content Developer||September 2010||April 2015|
|Mod Proto||N/A||Technology Manager||2019|
|N/A||Mod Kylar||N/A||Content Developer||2018||2019|
|Mod Jed||N/A||Junior Content Developer||2015||2018|
|Andrew Gower||British||Founder||September 1999||2010|
|N/A||Mod Labcoat||N/A||Content Developer||17 December 2019|
|Mod Michelle||N/A||Web Editor||2008||2015|
|Mod Munro||N/A||Junior Content Developer||June 2018||25 February 2019|
|N/A||Mod Rahul||N/A||Intern||June 2004||September 2004|
Other[edit | edit source]
There are currently no Content Developers to list that work on other games.
The following content developers have less information available.
- Mod Z joined RuneScape after working on Stellar Dawn. He developed the make-x interface and, together with Mods Dylan and Liono, NIS.
- Mod Neuo developed sirenic armour and Airut.
- Mod Daviez, developed Song from the Depths, mentored by Mod Raven.
- Mod TLQ developed the Queen Black Dragon.
- Mod Hammers developed the D&D tracker.
- Mod Drew is Content Development Manager, replacing Mod Dean, and being replaced himself as Lead Technical Developer by Mod Helen. He has developed the 2012 Winter event, Balthazar's Big Raffle and Twitch integration. Previously, he worked in QA and Player Support.
- Mod Trig developed the 2011 Winter event with Mod Moltare.
- Mod Nic developed Triskelion Treasures.
- Mod Chris LC developed The Slug Menace and reworked Sea Slug.
- Mod Fnord was a technical developer who made Egg-streme Management, the orb of oculus, and wrote the developer's blog for the latter. He was also interviewed by Mod Hohbein about machinima, and helped develop the Bonus XP Weekends.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 14 September 2018. (Archived from the original on 14 September 2018.) Mod Orion: "I joined @Jagex 3 years ago today. Starting humbly with god books and xmas '15, I've since worked on some incredible projects that will stick with me forever. I'm proud to work here and be surrounded by awesome people. See you at @RuneFest"
- ^ a b Mod Shauny. "Meet the Ninjas!." 12 July 2017. Ninja Team Forums.
- ^ GameJam Content Showcase. 23 October 2018.*
- ^ 
- ^ Mod Meadows. We are women who work at Jagex, the makers of RuneScape and Old School RuneScape. To celebrate International Womens Day 2019 we will be answering your questions. Ask us anything!. 2019-03-08. (Archived from the original on 2019-03-19.)
- ^ Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 8 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.) Mod Maz: "14 years @Jagex now :-)"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 8 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.) Mod Maz: "Last day on the office. Someone is cutting onions."
- ^ Mod Newmatic. Runehq Phone Interview With Jagex. RuneHQ. 24 April 2009. (Archived from the original on 31 August 2013.) "I’m coming up to my third year here."
- ^ Jagex. Delta's Twitter account. 1 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 15 October 2019.) Delta: "Just wanted to say goodbye to you all."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Labcoat's Twitter account. 17 December 2019. Mod Labcoat: "Hey all! My time at Jagex, great as it's been, has come to an end. Across Ninja, Mobile and Live Events I've been able to work on interesting projects with my amazing colleagues. I'd like to thank everyone, especially the players, for making this such a rewarding experience! ♥️"
- ^ a b Jagex. Mod Munro's Twitter account. 25 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 27 May 2020.) Mod Munro: "It is with great sadness to tell you I have left the Old School Team and Jagex. I have had such a great time working with the team and delivering new content in the past 8 months."