|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by master builders.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Construction cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Construction skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Construction hood from any Estate agent by players who have achieved level 99 in the Construction skill.
The cape has an emote, lasting 6.69 seconds, during which the player builds a 1x1 house around him/herself with what seems like a bronze warhammer. The cape must be worn in order to perform the emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Construction, the Construction cape will turn into a Construction cape (t), which is the trimmed version of the original cape. The Construction cape (t) has a gold trim.
The Construction hood can be attached to the cape by using one on the other, creating either a hooded construction cape or a hooded construction cape (t). It can be detached with a right-click option.
Talking to an Estate agent gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Estate agent||Ardougne, Falador, Seers' Village, Varrock, Prifddinas||99,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- The Construction cape's perk was changed from reducing the cost of creating planks, to providing a chance of saving planks when building in a player-owned house.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Estate agents no longer have a different Construction cape to the player.
- patch 27 May 2010 (Update):
- This skillcape should no longer make you appear to be slightly hunched over.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 139,667 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The Construction cape is the only skillcape sold by multiple NPCs at the same time (these are in East Ardougne, Varrock, Falador, Seers' Village, and Prifddinas).
- The Construction skillcape is the only skillcape with orange-yellow trim (it looks similar to the Ranging cape trim).
- The Construction Cape once had two separate shoulder colours depending on gender. Males had gold shoulders while females had the matching orange shoulders. This colour changed when the player switched gender at the Makeover Mage.
- This skillcape's emote received a graphical update on 25 May 2010.
- After an update on 2 November 2010, the cape's icon was made noticeably smaller.
- Despite the cape perk stating that it only has a chance to save planks when building inside your house, it currently works when using a Portable workbench.