|Release date||16 November 2020 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Construction Contracts are an alternative way to train Construction, besides building furniture in a player-owned house or on a portable workbench. It was released on 16 November 2020. It requires level 40 Construction to start (up to level 70 Construction for using mahogany planks) and is less intensive and less expensive than regular training. Players can start a contract by talking with any estate agent. Completing contracts awards contract credits, which can be spent on the plank box and the master constructor's outfit.
The fastest way to an estate agent is to use the lunar spell NPC contact. An efficient way to both an estate agent and sawmill NPC next to each other is using attuned crystal teleport seed or Tirannwn Quiver to Ithell clan in Prifddinas. An alternative way is to teleport to Islwyn who is located in the Ithell clan district after the completion of The Light Within quest. The sawmill NPC sells nails and bolts of cloth. Players can also use protean planks, the plank box, and a beast of burden to bank less often.
Furniture repaired for Construction Contracts do not count for daily challenges.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Upon getting a Construction contract from an estate agent, players need to travel to the location of the contract. Once there, they can talk to the NPC on the contract to ask what items are needed for the repair or use the calculator below. Then, players can interact with the empty furniture hotspots to build them. Based on the player's Construction level, one of four level-based options can be chosen. Upon repairing all pieces of furniture, players will be rewarded up to five contract credits based on the supplies used. Contracts are semi-random, meaning each contract at each location can differ and require different furniture to repair.
Completing a contract awards a base of 10,000 Construction experience, with an additional bonus for using higher level materials. Each item of furniture built also awards the normal experience for the materials used, so the cost per experience of using the materials is much cheaper than normal construction, but also slower.
Beneficial items[edit | edit source]
- Experience-boosting items apply, such as:
- Constructor's outfit provides up to +6% experience bonus
- Sculpting chisels provides +1% experience bonus and construction skill boost of +1
- Clan avatar skilling bonus buff: consists of a base 3% bonus, increasing by 1% per fealty level to 6% experience bonus
- The Wise perk provides up to +4%, see Optimal Skilling Perk Setup
- The Inspire Genius relic provides +2%
- Artificer's measure can provide up to +5%
- The master constructor's outfit:
- Increases construction speed
- Has a chance to instantly finish furniture
- Provides teleports to estate agents and the current contract location
- The Construction cape effect to save planks can activate
- The Scroll of proficiency effect to save planks can activate
- The chance is increased by the Artificer's measure and activations will stack the Artificer's Focus buff
- The plank box can be used to carry additional planks to reduce banking
- The Brooch of the Gods can spawn divine blessings
- The Necklace of Shadows can be used to prevent the player's Summoning points from draining if a beast of burden is used.
Without the master outfit to teleport directly to the contract, one may consider carrying teleportation items:
- An amulet of glory (or variant) to teleport to Draynor Village market, which is near to many contract locations; it can also teleport to Edgeville for the general store location
- Lumbridge lodestone is close to several contract locations, which can benefit from consuming vis wax for quicker teleports to it; equally the Varrock lodestone is close to the Blue Moon Inn
- Wilderness Sword for quick teleport to Edgeville
- Runes for Lumbridge Teleport (or a tablet), which is slightly closer to the general store than the lodestone
- Runes for Varrock Teleport (or a tablet) (if set to the fountain) is close to the Varrock locations
- 'Chipped' Varrock teleport or Dave's spellbook containing Chipped Varrock Tablets, which is close to Charos.
- Lunar's spell book unlocked for npc contact to contact estate agent
- A teleport to near an estate agent
- A Prifddinas tablet teleports directly next to the Estate agent
- (Attuned) crystal teleport seed
- After The Light Within, the Islwyn teleport of the Tirannwn quiver (any tier) also goes to Ithell district, which can save inventory space if using the Brooch of the Gods
- Falador Teleport is not far from Falador's estate agent
- Alternatively, use the NPC Contact Lunar spell instead
It can also prove benificial to those using the Prifddinas Estate agent to use the PoH portal to access an amulet of glory mounted in the Player owned house hallway Variants, giving unlimited teleports outlined above.
Material and plank types[edit | edit source]
Players need different materials based on the furniture required to build and can use different planks, starting at different levels.
Protean planks can be used in place of any planks that the player can use. If protean planks and other plank types (including any planks in a plank box) are in the inventory, the other plank types are used before the protean planks. The protean powerup does not affect the speed in which you complete tasks.
- The scroll of proficiency provides a chance to save planks while building.
- Wearing the construction cape, or placing it on a skillcape stand in a Tier 3 Player Lodge in the Anachronia base camp, provides a chance to save an additional plank as well.
Any tier of nails can be used, from bronze to rune, but bronze nails are more likely to bend.
For each hotspot there is a progress bar that fills at different rates, depending on the quality of planks used. The rates with and without the master constructor's outfit are listed in the following table. After the progress bar is filled, it takes further 0.6 seconds per nail used to finish the repair.
|Level||Plank||Time to fill the bar||Time with outfit|
|40||Plank||58.8 seconds (98 ticks)||33 seconds (55 ticks)|
|50||Oak plank||30 seconds (50 ticks)||24 seconds (40 ticks)|
|60||Teak plank||19.8 seconds (33 ticks)||18 seconds (30 ticks)|
|70||Mahogany plank||14.4 seconds (24 ticks)||13.8 seconds (23 ticks)|
Each hotspot repaired with the following plank type gives the following credits. The credits are rewarded upon the completion of the contract, and any fractions are rounded down.
|Level||Plank||Credits for each hotspot||Credits for contract if all hotspots repaired with these planks|
The experience gained from repairing a piece of furniture is as in the following table.
|N/A||Protean plank||28, 60, 90, or 140[a 1]|
|N/A||Bolt of cloth||15|
|N/A||White candle||5 or 2.5[a 2]|
|N/A||Bronze nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Iron nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Steel nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Black nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Mithril nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Adamant nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
|N/A||Rune nails||1.5 for each set of two nails|
XP reward[edit | edit source]
Completing a contract awards a base of 10,000 experience as a reward, in addition to experience earned from using the materials. Reward XP is granted upon completion of the final item. This reward is increased by using better materials:
- +0 XP for each item made using basic planks (10,000 XP reward for everything made out of basic wood)
- +200 XP for each item made using oak planks (11,000 XP reward for everything made out of oak)
- +500 XP for each item made using teak planks (12,500 XP reward for everything made out of teak)
- +1,000 XP for each item made using mahogany planks (15,000 XP reward for everything made out of mahogany)
Mixing materials will give the sum of the items made — e.g. making one item of each plus 1 extra mahogany will give 12,700 reward XP (10,000 + 0 + 200 + 500 + 1,000 + 1,000).
Experience-boosting effects will apply to the reward (i.e. the constructor's outfit will increase a 15,000 XP reward to 15,900 XP). XP rewards are multiplied during Double XP Live, though credits awarded for completing contracts remain at normal levels.
Average Rates[edit | edit source]
An average contract seems to take around 28 planks, 17 nails, and either a candle, bolt of cloth, or metal bar. Depending on the method used to bank, get new contracts, and get to the next contract location, along with the tier of plank used and if the master constructor's outfit's build time boost is applied, 9–29 contracts can be completed per hour. Falador Teleport, NPC Contact, Prifddinas tablet, or using the Tirannwn quiver are the fastest ways of getting a new contract before unlocking the full master outfit.
|Plank||avg XP per Contract||avg GP per XP||XP per Hour (lodestones)||XP per hour (Master constructor's outfit)|
Locations[edit | edit source]
The contracts are given for 11 different non-player characters around Misthalin for which the player can build furniture. The locations, characters, directions provided by the contract, and the possible furniture hotspots are listed below. Most repairs will involve furniture on both the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] and 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] - so be aware of where the stairs or ladders are in each building.
|Contractee||Location||Directions[a 1]||Ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] hotspots||1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] hotspots|
|Aggie||Draynor||Can be found to the west of the town centre.|
|Ned||Draynor||Can be found northeast of the bank.|
|Wise old man||Draynor||Can be found north of the bank.|
|The shopkeeper||Edgeville||Can be found north of the bank.|
|Bob's Axes||Lumbridge||Can be found west of the Lumbridge graveyard.|
|Father Aereck||Lumbridge||Can be found outside the Lumbridge courtyard.||N/A|
|The shopkeeper||Lumbridge||Can be found north of the castle.|
|Victoria||Lumbridge||Can be found south of the Lumbridge lodestone.|
|The bartender||Varrock||Can be found on the road leading north from the Varrock lodestone.||N/A|
|Charos||Varrock||South of the Varrock estate agent[a 2]|
|The shopkeeper||Varrock||Can be found southeast of the main square.|
Furniture[edit | edit source]
This is all possible furniture that can be requested. As mentioned above, any type of plank can be used, with rewards improving for using better planks; any nails can be used, the better the nail the less chance it will bend (and therefore faster the build is completed).
For reference, 3 furniture hotspots require metal bars to construct:
- The sink in Victoria's house in Lumbridge, which requires 2 steel bars.
- The organ in the Lumbridge church, which requires 4 steel bars.
- The stove in the Lumbridge general store, which requires 2 of either iron bars when constructed using regular planks, steel bars with oak planks, mithril bars with teak planks, or adamant bars with mahogany planks.
|Furniture||Planks||Nails||Additional items / information|
|Altar||10||4||2 × white candle, 1 × bolt of cloth|
|Bed (large)||10||4||2 × bolt of cloth|
|Bed (small)||8||2||1 × bolt of cloth|
|Bench||5||4||Situated outside the house but in contact with the building walls|
|Lighting||2||4||1 × white candle|
|Organ||12||4||4 × steel bar|
|Sink||4||4||2 × steel bar|
|Stand||3||4||1 × white candle|
|Stove||2||4||2 × metal bar: iron bars for wooden planks, steel bars for oak planks, mithril bars for teak planks, adamant bars for mahogany planks|
|Votary||3||4||1 × white candle|
Calculator[edit | edit source]
- The contract does not state whether any bed is a large (double though the mahogany icon is a four poster) or a small bed. The building spot will look like a single bed. Only certain locations have large beds:
- Bob's Brilliant Axes,
- Victoria's house,
- Ned's house,
- Aggie's house,
- the Bartender in Varrock (one large & two small), and
- the Edgeville and Lumbridge shops (one large & one small).
- You can save planks with proficient construction and the construction skillcape
template = Construction contracts calculator form = conconform result = conconres param = plank|Plank in use|Wooden|buttonselect|Wooden,Oak,Teak,Mahogany,Protean|| param = nails|Nails in use|Steel|buttonselect|Bronze,Iron,Steel,Black,Mithril,Adamant,Rune|| param = furniture1|Furniture requested|None|select|None,Altar,Bed (large),Bed (small),Bench,Bookcase,Chair,Chest,Counter,Desk,Drawers,Ladder,Lighting,Organ,Pew,Portrait,Shelf,Shelves,Sink,Stand,Stool,Stove,Table,Votary,Wardrobe,Wheel|| param = furniture2|Furniture requested|None|select|None,Altar,Bed (large),Bed (small),Bench,Bookcase,Chair,Chest,Counter,Desk,Drawers,Ladder,Lighting,Organ,Pew,Portrait,Shelf,Shelves,Sink,Stand,Stool,Stove,Table,Votary,Wardrobe,Wheel|| param = furniture3|Furniture requested|None|select|None,Altar,Bed (large),Bed (small),Bench,Bookcase,Chair,Chest,Counter,Desk,Drawers,Ladder,Lighting,Organ,Pew,Portrait,Shelf,Shelves,Sink,Stand,Stool,Stove,Table,Votary,Wardrobe,Wheel|| param = furniture4|Furniture requested|None|select|None,Altar,Bed (large),Bed (small),Bench,Bookcase,Chair,Chest,Counter,Desk,Drawers,Ladder,Lighting,Organ,Pew,Portrait,Shelf,Shelves,Sink,Stand,Stool,Stove,Table,Votary,Wardrobe,Wheel|| param = furniture5|Furniture requested|None|select|None,Altar,Bed (large),Bed (small),Bench,Bookcase,Chair,Chest,Counter,Desk,Drawers,Ladder,Lighting,Organ,Pew,Portrait,Shelf,Shelves,Sink,Stand,Stool,Stove,Table,Votary,Wardrobe,Wheel||
Shop[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are 8 achievements in this subsubcategory (showing 8).
|Absolute Planker||Yes||Upgrade your plank box to hold 100 of each plank.||10|
|One Star Review||Yes||Earn only 1 credit from a construction contract.||5|
|Construction Contracts II||Yes||Complete 10 construction contracts.||5|
|Construction Contracts I||Yes||Complete 1 construction contract.||5|
|Five Star Review||Yes||Earn 5 credits from a construction contract.||5|
|Construction Contracts III||Yes||Complete 25 construction contracts.||5|
|Construction Contracts IV||Yes||Complete 50 construction contracts.||5|
|Construction Contracts V||Yes||Complete 100 construction contracts.||10|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 November 2020 (Update):
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Forza. Can you get the Construction pet and golden rocks from doing contracts?. Reddit. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2021.) Mod Forza: "Just to confirm, you can indeed get both from doing construction contracts :)"