|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by well-constituted adventurers.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Constitution cape (formerly Hitpoints cape) is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Constitution skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Constitution hood from Surgeon General Tafani at the Duel Arena by players who have achieved level 99 in Constitution. Constitution capes are white.
Like all skill capes, the Constitution cape will bring a player's level to 100 temporarily. However, the cape will not heal a player if their life points are below 9,900 (though if the player is already at 9,900 life points, they will begin to recover at the normal rate (or quicker, if using boosts) until they reach 10,000 life points). This is to prevent players from abusing the cape to infinitely recover life points. Additionally, the cape will only bring a player's constitution up to level 100 once per minute.
Obtaining 99 Constitution as a first level 99 skill to receive the untrimmed Constitution cape can be challenging as players typically achieve level 99 in another combat skill before they get 99 Constitution. A player must have about 95-96 Attack, Strength, Defence and/or Ranged if they wish to have an untrimmed Constitution cape. However, if players play Pest Control or Soul Wars and only spend Pest Control points or Zeal on Constitution experience, they may obtain an untrimmed Constitution cape without the threat of reaching another skill first. Using Dragonkin lamps, penguin points, reward books, and other experience rewards from tasks sets can also be used to get an untrimmed Constitution cape.
The cape has an emote, lasting 4 seconds, which features the player turning into a skeleton. It is one of the few emotes during which the cape itself is not displayed. The cape must be worn to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Constitution, the constitution cape will be trimmed to become an constitution cape (t). The hood can also be added to the Constitution cape making a hooded constitution cape by using one item on the other. The same can be done with the trimmed cape making a hooded constitution cape (t).
Talking to Surgeon General Tafani gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Surgeon General Tafani||99,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 November 2019 (Update):
- The constitution skillcape effect will no longer work when in a fight in the duel arena.
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the constitution cape perk was preventing players from being healed in combat whilst in a bank.
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- This cape's perk, where it provides double base life point regeneration to 0.2% every 6 seconds, was changed to work in combat.
- patch 11 May 2015 (Update):
- This cape, Summoning and Prayer skillcapes will no longer be de-equipped when the Boost function is used.
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- This cape's animation has been updated to not show the cape’s shoulder pads.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Fixed some animation problems with this cape's emote being interrupted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 312,794 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The previous examine text for the Hitpoints cape once said, "The cape worn by the healthiest adventurers."
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. Others were the Defence cape, Summoning cape, Thieving cape, and the Attack cape.
- The untrimmed Constitution cape is a somewhat rare cape, because achieving 99 Constitution usually comes with having a combat skill that is also level 99; therefore few have an untrimmed version.
- The emote was changed when Hitpoints became Constitution.
- The boost to Constitution is automatically applied when the cape is equipped. Unequipping then requipping the cape yields the message "Your Skillcape of Constitution can only provide a life point boost once per minute."