|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Turns vegetation into compost.|
|Object ID||7808, 7818, 92947|
|doc • Talk page|
A compost bin is an immovable container where weeds, crops, herbs, fruits and other Farming skill products are placed to make compost, supercompost, ultracompost, or rotten tomatoes. Compost bins are located next to allotment/flower/herb patches, Herblore Habitat and Prifddinas:
|Farm south of Falador (Cabbage-port with Explorer ring 3 or 4)|
|West of Port Phasmatys (Teleport using Master farming outfit (up to three a day) or Ectophial)|
|Manor Farm north-east of Ardougne (Teleport using Master farming outfit, Ardougne cloak, or Ardougne lodestone)|
|North-west of Catherby (Just west of the Catherby lodestone)|
|Next to the potato patch in Taverley (Just north of Taverley lodestone)|
|Herblore Habitat (Teleport using Master farming outfit (if a witchdoctor mask or juju spiritbag is owned) or a juju spiritbag)|
|Inner circle of the Crwys district in Prifddinas|
Players need 15 unnoted items to fill the compost bin, which they can then close to start the rotting process.
Players must use 15 supercompost-compatible items in the compost bin to make supercompost - even one incompatible item will make the whole contents into regular compost. This is the same when making ultracompost or rotten tomatoes. A message will pop up warning the player if they attempt to add a wrong item.
When examined, players can see how full the bin is, from empty through to completely full (0-15 items). Since different players fill the compost bins with different quantities of items, the examine text is different for each player depending on what they have put inside.
Compost generally takes between 35-50 minutes to decompose inside the bin. Supercompost and ultracompost take around 90 minutes.
Products of rotting[edit | edit source]
- Compost, made by rotting weeds and low level farming products.
- Supercompost, made by rotting high level farming products.
- Ultracompost, made by rotting dragon manure.
- Rotten tomato, made by rotting 15 tomatoes.
Boosting Yield[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- You will no longer stop collecting compost if the last compost gives an extra bucket of compost (Player-owned farm perk).
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- Super compost will no longer be made instantly when using tomatoes on the compost bin.