|Release||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to buy this back for 5,000,000 coins at Varrock Museum if you destroy it.|
|A cape worn by those who've overachieved.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The completionist cape is a cape that is awarded to players who have "completed the game" by finishing all major content available. It can be bought in the Varrock Museum for 5,000,000 coins from the museum guard on the top floor by members who have all skills trained up to 99; Dungeoneering, Slayer, Farming, Herblore, Archaeology, and Invention up to 120; completed all quests and tasks; unlocked all of the music tracks and magic spells; and completed a number of other requirements listed below. When bought, it comes with a corresponding hood.
The cape's stats are identical to those of max cape; this generally makes the max cape a preferable option in dangerous combat where hybrid bonuses matter, as the max cape is cheaper to reclaim. The TokHaar-Kal-Ket, TokHaar-Kal-Xil, and TokHaar-Kal-Mej are the best-in-slot combat capes if the multiple styles of the max and completionist capes are not needed.
The minimum experience to wear the completionist cape is 888,741,971. As new content (quests, tasks, accomplishments, etc.) is introduced, new requirements can be added for the regular or trimmed version of the cape. If a player is wearing the cape when new requirements are added, it will be unequipped and placed in their inventory. If their inventory is full, it will be placed in their bank.
Equipping the untrimmed cape will unlock the title. This title can be used without wearing the cape once unlocked, and will re-lock when the cape is unable to be worn due to new requirements. As long as a player has the right to wear the cape, they may purchase additional capes from the museum guard. Purchasing the cape unlocks a cosmetic override of it in the wardrobe interface, it can then be recoloured from there. Players who have completed all the requirements for wearing a completionist cape can sit on the Throne of Fame in the Max Guild.
The cape can be upgraded to a trimmed version after completing a list of additional requirements including defeating all champions and assembling the statue of Dahmaroc in the player's house. This does not increase the cape's stats.
Until 24 June 2019, players were required to obtain the Reaper Crew achievement in order to obtain the completionist cape. This required killing every boss in the game at least once. Since this has been removed, the completionist cape is easier to obtain for players who do not wish to complete endgame Player versus Monster (PvM) content. Completing the Reaper Crew currently grants a passive bonus that works with all capes.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Click for details|
|Armour||44.5||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||100||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The colours of a completionist cape can be changed by using the Customise option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on any of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity). Each colour palette can also be left-clicked to choose a colour using an in-game colour picker.
This cape leaves a particle trail behind the wearer. The particles change from white to gold when upgraded to the trimmed version. The particles' colour is not customisable beyond this.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The completionist cape has several abilities, all of which are shared with other items and methods of access.
- It can teleport to the Max Guild, functionality available on the max cape and via the Max guild teleport spell.
- It has three perk slots that can be filled with Capes of Accomplishment by using them on it, as well as the functionality to view and remove existing perks.
- It can teleport to the Clock Tower Monastery, functionality available on the Ardougne cloak and the Kandarin monastery teleport.
- It can fully restore Summoning points once a day, functionality available on the Ardougne cloak 4 and on the right-click of the Summoning orb on the action bar (legacy minimap).
Skillcape perks[edit | edit source]
The Capes of Accomplishment each have a perk. The Max, completionist, and trimmed completionist capes can hold up to 3 of those perks by using the respective cape on the max or completionist capes. This will consume the Cape of Accomplishment. The selected perks are then applied on any cape the player is wearing, with exception of skillcapes, master skillcapes, and expert capes (for those capes their own respective perks take priority). For a list of perks see this listing.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Members can buy the cape and hood on the top floor of the Varrock Museum for 5,000,000 coins from the museum guard. Attempting to touch the cape without meeting all requirements will turn the player into a random animal (including monkeys, squirrels, and chickens) and knock them away from the cape. They will also be given a list of remaining achievements. The quickest way is to open the Hero interface: the Achievements tab contains a list of both untrimmed and trimmed cape requirements both of which can be filtered to only show outstanding achievements. Another method for maxed players is to use the right-click option on the throne in the Max Guild.
There are 90 achievements in this subcategory (showing 90).
|Everything Is Oresome||Yes||Increase the capacity of your ore box by mining 100 of each of the listed ores.||20|
|It Should Have Been Called Aetherium||Yes||Unlock the ability to smith masterwork armour by making and upgrading to +5 a full set of elder rune armour.||15|
|Annihilator||Yes||Earn 'the Annihilator' title by fighting all four nihil at once.||20|
|Harbinger||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Out into the Ourania||Yes||Unlock the spell: Ourania Teleport.||15|
|Kudos to You||Yes||Reach full Kudos with the Varrock Museum. (X/198)||25|
|Enter the Abyss||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
|The Curse of Zaros||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||15|
|Hopespear's Will||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||10|
|Kiln Fighter||Yes||Complete the Fight Kiln.||20|
|Lair of Tarn Razorlor||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||15|
|One Foot in the Grave||Yes||Complete this Master miniquest.||15|
|Stay Safe||No||Fully complete the Stronghold of Player Safety.||5|
|Stay Secure||No||Fully complete the Stronghold of Security.||5|
|Bridge over Fremmy Waters||Yes||Complete all the unabridged Fremennik Sagas.||15|
|Deadlier Catch||Yes||Hunt the Thalassus until it flees for good. (X/11)||10|
|Long Live the Queen||Yes||Defeat the Queen Black Dragon and obtain the first dragonkin journal.||10|
|Claus is Rising||Yes||Claim a reward from Claus after doing him a favour.||10|
|Big Chinchompa||Yes||Score 1,111 in a session of the Big Chinchompa minigame.||5|
|What's Mine Is Also Doric's||Yes||Complete all of the Doric and Boric tasks.||10|
|Seren Memories||Yes||Deposit Seren memoriam crystals, then search the Sanctum alcove.||20|
|Port Life||Yes||Complete the Player Owned Port tutorial.||5|
|Yaktwee's a Charm||Yes||Unlock the enhanced Yaktwee stick by catching charm sprites. (X/1,000)||10|
|Bipedal Mask||Yes||Construct a Tuska mask.||10|
|Trip to the East||Yes||Complete one of the trio storylines from your Player Owned Port.||15|
|Walking the Reef||Yes||Find all reefwalker's cape scroll pieces in Player Owned Ports. (X/4)||15|
|Mahjarrat Memories||Yes||Recover all 15 memories for Kharshai during the Mahjarrat Memories miniquest.||30|
|Bandos's Memories||Yes||Recover all 14 of Bandos's memories on Yu'biusk.||15|
|Elven Titles||Yes||Obtain the titles of the elven clans.||25|
|Troublesome Crystals||Yes||Find all of the memoriam crystals in Prifddinas.||10|
|I'm Forever Washing Shadows||Yes||Aid Lord Amlodd in cleansing shadow cores.||10|
|Family Spirit Tree||Yes||Reconnect the Prifddinas spirit tree with her brethren.||10|
|Sing for the Lady||Yes||Help Lady Ithell with crystal singing research.||10|
|Potion for a Lady||Yes||Help Lady Meilyr to retrieve her lost potion recipes.||15|
|Make Them Bleed||Yes||Perform well enough in Rush of Blood to impress Morvran.||20|
|Uncorrupted Ore||Yes||Aid Lady Trahaearn in removing some corruption.||10|
|Slayer Master||Yes||Earn the title 'Slayer Master' from Morvran's platinum Rush of Blood challenge.||45|
|Famous||Yes||Earn the title 'The Famous' by completing Morvran's Slayer challenge.||50|
|Imping Around||Yes||Collect one of each impling for Daffyd in Prifddinas.||25|
|Potion Mixer Master I||Yes||Unlock the listed combination potion recipes from Clan Meilyr in Prifddinas.||60|
|Diaries of the Clans||Yes||Find the clan journal pages from the Hefin Agility Course in Prifddinas.||10|
|Almost as Perky as a Prawn||Yes||Unlock all the Prawn Perks from your Aquarium.||20|
|Myreque in Memoriam||Yes||Complete construction of the Myreque memorial and help Veliaf to move on.||15|
|Invention Gives Me the Blues||Yes||Purchase all of the blueprints for the Invention Technology devices.||0|
|Head of the Family||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Tuai Leit's Own||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Ghosts from the Past||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Final Destination||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||20|
|The Lost Toys||Yes||Find and squeeze Morytania plushies, and return them to Lex in Canifis.||10|
|Data Recovery||Yes||Help the Archivist recover all core memory data in the Hall of Memories.||20|
|Lunar Master||Yes||Unlock all lunar spells. (X/11)||25|
|Music Maestro||Yes||Unlock all music tracks. (X/1321)||0|
|Task Master||Yes||Complete all listed Achievements.||0|
|Bane Tuner||Yes||Unlock the spell: Tune Banite Ore.||25|
|Pious Prayers||Yes||Unlock the prayers: Chivalry, Piety, Rigour, Augury.||15|
|Heal, Quickly||Yes||Unlock the prayer: Rapid Renewal.||15|
|Peachy Bones||Yes||Unlock the spell: Bones to Peaches.||10|
|Rhian in Gold - The Original||Yes||Fully build the statue of Rhiannon in the Tower of Voices at least once.||50|
|Spiritual Enlightenment||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Memories of Guthix||Yes||Attune and hand all engrams in to the Memorial of Guthix.||20|
|Zarosian Memories||Yes||Deposit Zarosian memoriam crystals, then search the Sanctum alcove.||20|
|Bean There, Done That||Yes||Purchase the following upgrades in the farmer's market reward shop.||20|
|Bag of Herbs||Yes||Purchase the herb bag and the herb bag upgrade from the Herby Werby reward shop.||10|
|Top Town Hall||Yes||Fully upgrade the Town Hall in the base camp on Anachronia.||15|
|Dinosaur Hunter||Yes||Take down each dinosaur in Big Game Hunter.||10|
|Stacks on Stacks||Yes||Complete the ritual to activate a totem on Anachronia.||5|
|Father and Son||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Helping Laniakea (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Bean There, Done That, Got the Postcard||Yes||Purchase the following upgrades from the Anachronia farmers' market reward shop.||0|
|Potion Mixer Master II||Yes||Unlock the listed advanced combination potion recipes from Clan Meilyr in Prifddinas.||20|
|My Last Resort||No||Unlock the mentioned amenities to War's retreat.||0|
|Da Vinci who?||Yes||Acquire knowledge from the listed ancient blueprints.||20|
|Qualification - Guildmaster||Yes||Complete all of the listed achievements and attend the qualification ceremony.||75|
|Sins of the Father||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|From Ardougne with Love||Yes||Fully upgrade the penguin spy device by tracking penguin spies around the world.||20|
|Draconic Decoctions||Yes||Discover all of the listed potion recipes.||20|
|Master Skiller||Yes||Increase all skills to mastery level.||0|
|Ancient Eastern Tortle Portals||Yes||Activate all tortle portals on The Islands That Once Were Turtles. (X/3)||10|
|Damage Control||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Jed Hunter||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Quest Cape||Yes||Earn all quest points to be able to obtain the quest cape.||0|
|Unlocking Waiko I||Yes||Purchase unlocks from the Waiko reward shop.||30|
|Upgrading Waiko I||Yes||Purchase the first tier of upgrades in the Waiko reward shop.||30|
|Eye for an Eye||Yes||Complete this Grandmaster miniquest.||10|
|Flag Fall||Yes||Complete this Intermediate miniquest.||10|
|Absolute Planker||Yes||Upgrade your plank box to hold 100 of each plank.||10|
|Raksha, the Shadow Colossus (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|The Vault of Shadows (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Experienced miniquest.||10|
|Foreshadowing (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
|Flashback (miniquest)||Yes||Complete this Novice miniquest.||10|
Trimmed[edit | edit source]
Emote[edit | edit source]
Wearing this cape and using the cape emote performs an emote in which the player transforms into a dragon, flies up and hovers in the air while burning a classic "RS" sign into the ground before landing and transforming back into the player. The RS symbol disappears when the emote is over.
If this emote is performed with a trimmed cape, the dragon is gilded; adding a gold plating to the wing membranes and along the dragon's neck and head. The movements of the emote remain the same.
Comparison with other capes[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 October 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where too many keepsake keys were being refunded when removing Completionist Capes from the Keepsake Box.
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- When trying to equip a Completionist cape from the bank without the requirements the cape will no longer visually remain in the Back slot.
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- You can no longer repeatedly trigger trimmed completionist cape broadcasts when re-obtaining the cape.
- Fixed an issue where the user wasn't able to equip the trimmed completionist capes even if some of the quests were under the grace period.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Completionist capes are now more reliably removed when you no longer meet the requirements to wear it on login.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- You can now choose a skillcape emote correctly when wearing a Completionist cape.
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):
- There was a small case where players who had not purchased the Max cape but were Comped/Trimmed were not able to benefit from the Max Cape perks passive benefit. A check has now been added to the Comp and Trim capes to fix this issue.
- We've re-added the missing 100 life bonus if you've unlocked the Max and/or Completionist Cape.
- update 24 June 2019 (Update):
- Removed the Reaper Crew requirement, added Bean There, Done That as a requirement.
- Reduced the equipment bonuses of the cape (to be equal to the max cape) so that it is no longer best-in-slot. The removed bonuses were added to the Reaper Crew achievement, which applies to every cape when unlocked.
- Removed most of benefits of the cape that it inherits from other capes, moving them to either be permanently enabled or activatable bonuses, including:
- Max guild teleport (a free spell unlocked with the max cape, though it is still an option on the cape)
- Effects/teleports of Ardougne cloak, Ava's alerter, Bonesack(e), Jerrod's cape, Spirit cape
- Any cape can now benefit from the three perk slots granted by using a skillcape on the max or completionist cape (except for other skillcapes (and expert and master skillcapes))
- Removed the fire/kiln cape effect when fighting Ice strykewyrms to make that a cape-exclusive bonus
- Upon purchasing the completionist cape, a cosmetic override version is automatically unlocked, including the normal and hooded cape, as well as the hood.
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Added skillcape perk icons to the tooltip of the max and completionist capes.
- patch 16 October 2017 (Update):
- The click radius on a player when using the Completionist & Trimmed Completionist emotes has been reduced to the same size as the normal players' click box area.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Bank PIN protection has been added when attempting to destroy a completionist cape.
- hotfix 5 September 2017 (Update):
- hotfix 29 August 2017 (Update):
- ninja 21 August 2017 (Update):
- Resetting Skeletal Horror now resets the completionist cape teleport correctly.
- coldfix 18 April 2017 (Update):
- patch 27 February 2017 (Update):
- ninja 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Reshuffled the completionist cape's worn options, placing Max Guild at the top.
- patch 21 March 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer activate their keepsaked completionist cape overrides if they no longer meet the requirements to wear it.
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- Players no longer need to log out and in to re-equip their keepsaked master quest cape or completionist capes after achieving the last requirement.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- A blank line that appeared on remaining requirements when attempting to equip a completionist cape with only one remaining music track has been removed.
- ninja 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now check their completionist cape and trimmed completionist cape requirements under the 'Heroes' tab, along with a toggle to hide completed requirements.
- ninja 15 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- An issue with players having a Completionist cape (t) and Completionist cape being keepsaked at the same time has been fixed.
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- The completionist cape emotes no longer get corrupted by teleport animations.
- ninja 27 May 2014 (Update):
- Completionist capes will now have their particles remain in more situations.
- hotfix 17 December 2013 (Update):
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- patch 9 July 2013 (Update):
- Players can now reclaim the trimmed completionist cape whilst you have a completionist cape in a Dragon Keepsake Key.
- patch 3 July 2013 (Update):
- Viewing the requirements for trimmed completionist cape with a normal completionist cape in your keepsake will no longer display the requirements twice.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Players no longer stretch when transmogrified as a chicken after attempting to take a Completionist cape.
- hotfix 24 April 2013 (Update):
- patch 25 March 2013 (Update):
- Players who have a completionist cape hood equipped and a completionist cape in their inventory can now use the "Features" option to see what requirements they still need to gain the trimmed variant of the cape.
- Reclaiming a completionist cape has been streamlined.
- The completionist cape now awards a 100 lifepoint boost, similar to the cape of legends.
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- An issue with Desert tasks and Completionist cape not appearing on the Noticeboard has been fixed.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- Completionist cape skill requirements are no longer cut off if trying to list too many skills.
- patch 1 November 2011 (Update):
- The completionist cape now uses correct grammar when a player only has 1 music track left to unlock.
- patch 25 October 2011 (Update):
- The max and completionist capes can now be manually set to colour values of 0.
- patch 17 October 2011 (Update):
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- The Completionist cape now counts as the Ardougne cape when pickpocketing.
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to update on 24 June 2019, the completionist cape beat every other cape in all fields of equipment bonuses except for weight, which was higher than several other capes. Since the update the completionist cape has stats identical to the max cape.
- The completionist cape was first mentioned in the Capes of Distinction Developers' Blog; it was referred to as the "uber cape" at that point.
- Unlocking all emotes is not a requirement for the Completionist cape, as many of them must be bought with real life money, and some are discontinued.
- After the player buys their first completionist cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
Bought my first completionist cape.
I visited the Varrock Museum and took rightful ownership of my completionist cape.
- With an update in October 2011, the particle trail of the cape was extended.
- There was previously a bug where if the cape was keepsaked and a max cape or second completionist cape is customised, it would not immediately change the keepsaked cape. However, wearing the actual cape, deactivating and reactivating the override, or logging in and out would make the change take effect. This has since been fixed.
- Earning or trimming the completionist cape for the first time broadcasts a message globally.
- As of the patches made on 17 December 2013, the cape will only convert to 5 million coins if lost in the Wilderness, and normally remains as an item in a grave. However, if a player possesses another cape before they return to their grave in attempt to obtain multiple capes, the one in the grave will be converted to 5 million coins.
- With the update of player-owned ports on 7 January 2014, the cape's life points stats and armour rating were upgraded to match those of the superior reefwalker's cape.
- The completionist cape used to be the most expensive item purchased from a store or NPC.
- On 1 July 2014, the armour bonus of the cape changed from 207 to 65.
- The Completionist cape used to change back to its original colours upon entering the wilderness or other PvP-enabled areas due to cosmetic overrides not being permitted in such locations. The max cape would do so as well. This has since been fixed.
- The update on 24 August 2015 made it possible for Ironmen and Hardcore Ironmen to receive the Completionist cape.
- There was a bug where, if a player owned a keepsaked cape and lost the requirements to use it and then regained such ability, the keepsaked cape would sometimes remain locked until the player logged out and back in. This even happened if the item was equipped from the inventory or bank. This was fixed on 29 February 2016.
- Despite the stated requirement of having completed all quests, the requirement actually checks for maximum quest points. Thus, it is not necessary to complete all quests to meet this requirement if a player completed the original version of a later reworked quest (i.e. if a player has completed Romeo & Juliet prior to its removal, completion of Gunnar's Ground is not necessary to meet this requirement). However, starting or completing all the reworked quests may be necessary to meet other requirements, such as unlocking music tracks.
- When the completionist cape was first released, the examine text said: "You have completed RuneScape; go outside."
References[edit | edit source]