Combat Training Camp
|Combat Training Camp|
|Release||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Teleports||Traveller's necklace to the Outpost and run east|
|doc • Talk page|
The Combat Training Camp is a combat training facility which players may access upon completion of the Biohazard quest. The camp is located north of West Ardougne and just east of the Gnome Stronghold's entrance. It was established by King Lathas of East Ardougne to train his forces.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Traveller's necklace to the Outpost and run east.
- Home teleport to Ardougne and run west across either the Agility shortcut (requires 33 Agility) or across the wooden bridge next to the farm from the Meeting History quest. The continue to run west, keeping north of the West Ardougne wall.
- Use a Spirit tree to teleport to the Gnome Stronghold. Exit the stronghold through the southern gates and run east.
Features[edit | edit source]
The camp features a group of 8 caged ogres which are popular for low-level Ranged training. There is also an armoury as well as a few beer spawns. Towards the left side of the camp are some dummies for training for those with less than level 8 Attack. After a few hits players with a higher level cannot train on them any more, and those attempting to do so would be told that there is nothing more they could learn from hitting them.
The ogres can also be attacked by magic and long-range melee weapons like halberds. Since the cage blocks the effect of Ava's accumulator or attractor when attacking from the outside, some rangers use have a different ogre stand in between them and their target to have Ava's devices retrieve their arrows or other ranged weapons.
You can safely enter the cage through the fence gap at left to retrieve your ammo and the ogres' bones. The ogres are not aggressive as long as you kill the one(s) you shoot at.
Music[edit | edit source]
These songs are from the West Ardougne playlist.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The Combat Training Camp hidey-hole has been moved closer to the entrance of the ogre pen.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- There is now a quick enter option on the Combat Training Camp gate via a right click option.
- patch 16 May 2016 (Update):
- The loose railing at the combat training camp no longer defies the laws of physics.
- patch 13 December 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use a halberd on dummies in the Ardougne training grounds from outside of the area.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- The checks for attacking the ogres at the Combat Training Camp have been improved.
|Part 2 of the Elf quest series|