CoinShare is an optional LootShare ability that converts valuable drops into item shards. Each player receives an equal portion of the 120 shards dropped. Items not split by CoinShare will be divided normally by LootShare. CoinShare can be toggled in the Friends Chat settings.
CoinShare allows teams to be formed on a temporary basis. LootShare will only generate a fair split of large drops if the team remains together long enough to receive several such drops (at least 1 per member). CoinShare's immediate split lets each member take their share, and walk away after even a single large drop.
As of 19 June 2017, 76 items affected by CoinShare have been updated to be split in the form of Item shards, which creates 120 shards of that item instead, and all players who are within 20 spaces of the killed monster with CoinShare active will receive equal amounts of shards that will go straight to the bank.
Because of this and the trouble of selling shards in the Grand Exchange, CoinShare is highly discouraged.
[edit | edit source]
CoinShare only works on special drops by specific monsters. Such items are listed below:
- Drygore equipment: Drygore rapier, Off-hand drygore rapier, Drygore mace, Off-hand drygore mace, Drygore longsword, Off-hand drygore longsword
- Dragon equipment: Dragon limbs
- Dagannoth King items: Berserker ring, Warrior's ring, Archer's ring, Seers' ring, Dragon hatchet
- Spiritual items: Spectral sigil, Arcane sigil, Elysian sigil, Divine sigil
- Automaton gloves: Pneumatic gloves, Static gloves, Tracking gloves
- Vorago equipment: Seismic wand, Seismic singularity
God Wars Dungeon[edit | edit source]
- Armadyl equipment: Armadyl hilt, Armadyl helmet, Armadyl chainbody, Armadyl chainskirt, Armadyl buckler
- Bandos equipment: Bandos hilt, Bandos helmet, Bandos chestplate, Bandos tassets
- Saradomin equipment: Saradomin sword, Saradomin hilt, Saradomin's hiss, Saradomin's murmur, Saradomin's whisper, Armadyl crossbow
- Zamorak equipment: Hood of subjugation, Gown of subjugation, Garb of subjugation, Ward of subjugation, Zamorak hilt, Zamorakian spear
- Nex equipment: Zaryte bow, Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Torva gloves, Torva boots, Pernix cowl, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Pernix gloves, Pernix boots, Virtus mask, Virtus robe top, Virtus robe legs, Virtus gloves, Virtus boots, Virtus book, Virtus wand
- Nex: AoD equipment: Imperium core, Praesul codex, Wand of the praesul
The Heart: God Wars Dungeon 2[edit | edit source]
- All generals: Dormant anima core helm, Dormant anima core body, Dormant anima core legs
- Seren equipment: Wand of the Cywir elders, Orb of the Cywir elders, Crest of Seren
- Sliske equipment: Shadow glaive, Off-hand shadow glaive, Crest of Sliske
- Zamorak equipment: Blade of Avaryss, Blade of Nymora, Crest of Zamorak
- Zaros equipment: Dragon Rider lance, Crest of Zaros
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Historically, CoinShare worked under different mechanics - whenever a unique drop was obtained, the item was immediately put on the Grand Exchange for 10% of its price. Players would then obtain their "share" of coins, which had to be picked up, as it was not sent to the bank. In addition to this, many items were also eligible for CoinShare, such as godsword shards, bandos boots and dragon daggers.