The coal truck mine is located north of the Fishing Guild and west of McGrubor's Wood. There are 12 coal rocks and 2 carts, and the area is one of the more efficient places to mine coal.
Captain Lawgof, the starting point of the Dwarf Cannon quest, is located south of the coal trucks.
Several loads of coal ore can be stored in any of the carts and any coal mined in the area is automatically deposited into the coal trucks. Once the carts are full of coal, the coal may then be removed from any of the carts, but the most convenient location is at the coal truck depot, directly north of the Forester's Arms tavern in Seers' Village. From there players can deposit their coal at the Seers' Village bank, or directly into their metal bank using the anvils or forge in the building east of the tavern.
There is a log balance shortcut just east of the coal trucks, which can be used at level 20 Agility to cross over towards McGrubor's Wood. Otherwise, you have to go around the Fishing Guild. You could also use a Camelot Teleport, or the Seers' Village lodestone.
||Truck and inventory
||Truck, inventory, and steel ore box
||Truck, inventory and steel ore box (29 )
||Truck, inventory and steel ore box (29 and Everything is Oresome)
Additionally, with a Seers' headband 4, the first 200 coal per day that one uses on the coal truck will be moved to one's bank. Any coal simply stored in the trucks will not be sent. This does not have an impact on the 308 coal from the Seers' headband 3. Thus, in the first trip of the day, one could store 508 coal in the trucks before banking.
When using Varrock armour the first ore will be deposited in the trucks and the second ore will be placed in the inventory.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Improved the log balance code near the Coal Trucks.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- The coal trucks west of Seers' Village shouldn't disappear under some circumstances.
- Coal carts still look half-filled at 60 coal and completely full at 120 coal, and have examine text saying the same. This is because the carts once only held 120 coal prior to the introduction of the Seers' Village Tasks.
- There was a glitch caused when storing coal in the carts with the Seer's headband worn. If the carts were filled beyond the normal 120 limit when using the headband (e.g. 140 with Seer's headband 1), and the headband is taken off, when searching the carts, there will be only 120 coal in the cart. This has been fixed.