A clue scroll (master) is the highest tier clue scroll in the Treasure Trails Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards buried treasure. They are obtained by opening a sealed clue scroll (master). Master clue trails are between 2 to 12 clues long.
Completion of the clue scroll will either give a puzzle scroll box (master), scroll box (master), containing another clue, a puzzle casket (master), or a reward casket (master), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Master clue scrolls and their rewards are not available from the Giant Oyster drop table.
Master clue scrolls may contain the following types of clue steps:
Additionally, clue scroll (Eastern Lands) (master) contains a compass clue.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Ensured that all master clues, caskets and scrollboxes are blocked from disassembly.
- The Prosper perk text now mentions the chance to get a Master Clue scroll.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- An animation now players after selecting 'Scan' on a scan clue to indicate that the scroll is continually re-scanning. This graphic updates based on whether players are within double the listed range, or at any other distance.