Clue scroll (master)
|Clue scroll (master)|
|Release||26 February 2018 (Update)|
|Destroy||This item cannot be reclaimed if destroyed.|
|Backpack||Start scanning, Read, Dig, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|It points to great treasure!|
|Item ID||41790, 41791, 41792, 41793|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A clue scroll (master) is the highest tier clue scroll in the Treasure Trails Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards buried treasure. They are obtained by opening a sealed clue scroll (master). Master clue trails are between 6 to 8 clues long (5 to 7 with the Totem of Treasure).
Master clues, despite the increased difficulty, are seen as faster and easier to complete compared to elite clues.
Completion of the clue scroll will either give a puzzle scroll box (master), scroll box (master), containing another clue, a puzzle casket (master), or a reward casket (master), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Master clue scrolls and their rewards are not available from the Giant Oyster drop table.
Clues[edit | edit source]
Master clue scrolls may contain the following types of clue steps:
- Puzzle boxes
- Skill riddle challenges (Action)
- Tower puzzles
- Compass clue (Eastern Lands only)
Requirements[edit | edit source]
To be able to complete all possible Master tier clues, the following are required:
|Total level: 1869|
At least one skill at 99 or a quest cape is also required.
Death to the Dorgeshuun
Impressing the Locals
One Piercing Note
Recipe for Disaster (full completion)
The Curse of Zaros
The Hunt for Surok
The Light Within
partial completion of Branches of Darkmeyer
partial completion of One of a Kind
partial completion of The Fremennik Isles
partial completion of The Jack of Spades
unlocked Cyclosis within the player-owned port
Rewards[edit | edit source]
From all levels[edit | edit source]
|2–27 holy biscuits or purple sweets|
|Various teleport scrolls|
|1–3 god pages for god books|
|20–100 Saradomin, Guthix, or Zamorak arrows|
|Noted meerkats pouches or Fetch Casket scrolls|
|Sealed clue scroll (master)|
From master clue scrolls[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 20 July 2020 (Update):
- hotfix 14 July 2020:
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Corrected the master clue scroll anagram solution for Brother Tranquillity to QUIT THY BRINE RAT ROLL.
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- "Imp-hide hood" has been corrected to "Imphide hood" on a master clue trail.
- Changed Dagon-hai to Dagon'hai for the Master tier clues.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- An animation now players after selecting 'Scan' on a scan clue to indicate that the scroll is continually re-scanning. This graphic updates based on whether players are within double the listed range, or at any other distance.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Shaunyowns. Official clue steps. Reddit. 20 December 2019. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2019.)
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 14 July 2020. (Archived from the original on 14 July 2020.) RuneScape: "#RSHotfix: Using Costume-skipping tickets while doing Master clues with the globetrotter shorts will no longer consume extra tickets."