Cloud of destiny
The cloud of destiny is a fortune provided by Kristlin during the Spring Fayre event. Originally requiring 40 fayre attraction tokens during Spring Fayre (2017), the fortunes returned for Spring Fayre (2018), now requiring a tarot card token instead of attraction tokens. Tarot card tokens can be found while participating in activities around the fayre.
Each fortune gives a hint referencing a particular skill; by gaining experience in that skill the fortune is completed, rewarding a medium fortune star for that skill. Some actions may reward the player with a prismatic medium fallen star. Fortunes that would reward the player with a Prismatic medium fallen star can be completed by any experience being gained in any skill. Stars are not always rewarded on the first attempt.
Players may only have one fortune active at a time, and getting a new one replaces the previous one.
Skilling at the Clan Citadel does not count towards the fortune.
The buff icon for the destiny reads.
Completing a destiny prompts one of the messages:
- Fortune smiles upon you. You are rewarded with a sparkling star for completing the fortune given to you by Kristlin.
- You have fulfilled your destiny and are rewarded with a shimmering star.
- You hear Kristlin's voice echo in the wind, telling you your destined future has been realised. You are rewarded with a shining star.
All 2017 fortunes were autocompleted on 19 June 2017. If a player had a full inventory before the removal, upon logging in, it would give the message: You have a reward from the forces of fortune waiting to be delivered to you. Please log out and back in with an inventory space available. This allowed players to complete the fortune by having a full inventory before logging.
- 1 Fortunes
- 1.1 Agility
- 1.2 Attack
- 1.3 Constitution
- 1.4 Construction
- 1.5 Cooking
- 1.6 Crafting
- 1.7 Defence
- 1.8 Divination
- 1.9 Dungeoneering
- 1.10 Farming
- 1.11 Firemaking
- 1.12 Fishing
- 1.13 Fletching
- 1.14 Herblore
- 1.15 Hunter
- 1.16 Invention
- 1.17 Magic
- 1.18 Mining
- 1.19 Prayer
- 1.20 Ranged
- 1.21 Runecrafting
- 1.22 Slayer
- 1.23 Smithing
- 1.24 Strength
- 1.25 Summoning
- 1.26 Thieving
- 1.27 Woodcutting
- 1.28 Multiple skills
- 1.29 Unsorted
- 2 Cards
- 3 Update history
- 4 References
Fortunes[edit | edit source]
Note: Each fortune can be completed by more than one method using the noted skill.
Agility[edit | edit source]
Interact or complete one lap of the Agility funhouse for each of these:
- "Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance"
- "It is not advisable to leap before you look, but that may be all you have time for"
- "Life is too complicated for anyone to truly understand it, so just have fun instead" (dance platform)
- "Lift yourself to greater heights to find what you are seeking"
- "You are prone to extremes, you need more balance in your life"
- "You need to keep everything in balance, you are prone to extremes"
Attack[edit | edit source]
Kill a monster using any combat and melee style for each of these:
- "Fortune tends to favour the bold, until they get squished by something bigger than them"
- "If you are going to pick a fight, make sure it is one that you can win" (kill monster in cage)
- "Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure" (kill an imp was the only one working)
- "Try to always be a fair enemy"
Constitution[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Helter Skelter or kill a monster for each of these (You might need to ride the Helter Skelter several times or kill several monsters to get the prize) :
- "Do what you can to prolong your life, in the hope that someday you'll learn what it's for"
- "Listen to your body, it is important to eat when you hunger"
- "Take a rest, you deserve it"
- "Try everything once, if it doesn't harm you, consider a second time"
Construction[edit | edit source]
- "Good things take time. Take pleasure in the journey of creation"
- "It is important to surround yourself with home comforts today"
- "Precision is imperative today, without it you will stumble"
- "This life is yours. Some of it was given to you; the rest, you made yourself"
Cooking[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Candy floss machine for each of these:
- "Don't count your eggs before they are cooked, because chickens may require rearing"
- "It can be easier to negotiate with someone by first pleasing their stomach"
- "Now is not your time for enlightenment, instead pursue simpler pleasures"
- "The road to riches is paved with burnt rocktail"
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Craft any item, including cutting gems, for each of these
- "Beauty will surround you - open your eyes to see it"
- "Creative activities can help bring you to a more positive state"
- "Demonstrate refinement in everything you do"
- "Dispel negativity through artistic activities"
Defence[edit | edit source]
Interacting with the Bucking Baroo or kill anything for each of these:
- "If you can't beat them, get better armour"
- "There may be trouble ahead, you should stay prepared"
- "When you feel defensive take stock of what you fear"
- "You will meet someone who is tall, dark, and handsome. Be wary of this person, they wish you harm"
Divination[edit | edit source]
Ask The Mighty Zoltan for a Mis-Fortune or harvest any wisp for each of these:
- "Keep your memories close today, as they can bring you wisdom"
- "Remember yesterday, but live for today"
- "When you feel lost, look to your memories and they will guide you"
- "Your energy returns and you will get things done"
Dungeoneering[edit | edit source]
Gain any experience in the Daemonheim dungeons for each of these:
- "Ask a friend to join you on your next journey, there is safety in numbers"
- "By helping someone else today you will be helping yourself"
- "Spend time today with those that help you learn more about your hidden depths"
- "Today is not looking good for you, you should stay inside"
Farming[edit | edit source]
Plant/harvest from any patch, or collect from a compost bin, for each of these:
- "He who plants life will grown himself"[sic]
- "Sometimes the greatest revelations come when you are at one with nature"
- "The more seeds you sow, the more flowers will bloom"
- "You are a person of culture, cultivate it"
Firemaking[edit | edit source]
- "A single kind word can warm someone as much as a fire"
- "Only those that have experienced the cold can appreciate the light of warmth"
- "The outlook for your day is looking much brighter than yesterday"
- "When chaos burns like wildfire around us, sometimes we have no choice but to love the warmth"
Fishing[edit | edit source]
Attempt to catch any type of fish for each of these:
- "A ship in a port is safe, but that is not what they are built for"
- "Be still and be one with the water to find enlightenment"
- "Return to simpler pursuits. If you can be placid while you work you will gain understanding"
- "Sometimes you have to release what you catch, to understand what you had"
Fletching[edit | edit source]
Make any piece of bow or arrow, including attaching two pieces together, for each of these:
- "Carving is the process of turning your imagination into reality"
- "It is important, for those who are inclined, to carve their own path through the world"
- "Life is like crafting, there are no mistakes, only unique creations"
- "Little and often makes much. Small things add up to greater than the sum of their parts"
Herblore[edit | edit source]
Clean a herb, or add any ingredient to a vial, for each of these:
- "Disease can be cured, fate is incurable"
- "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food"
- "Take care of your body, it is the only place you have to live in"
- "The best medicine tastes bitter. Sometimes you have to provide your own sweetness"
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Hook-a-Duck for each of these:
- "If you could read the minds of animals you would find only truth"
- "It is not about the skill, it's about the bait you use"
- "It is not always about the skill of the pursuant, sometimes it is about the bait that they use"
- "Whilst you may feel this is the time for action, you should be patient, or you may become confused"
- "You can catch more creatures with papaya than with an onion"
Invention[edit | edit source]
- "Be unconventional, even visionary"
- "Change your thoughts and you change your world"
- "The smart thing to do is to start trusting your intuition"
- "You will be an inspiration to others"
Magic[edit | edit source]
Perform any Magic action for each of these, or kill a monster using any combat style, magic style is not required:
- "Seeing what others do not can lead you to your own revelations"
- "Shoot for the moon! If you miss you will still be amongst the stars"
- "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves"
- "Those who dare to dream can access all of life's magic"
Mining[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Pickaxe wanging for each of these:
- "Precious moments are like jewels, adding sparkle to our lives"
- "Slow progress is better than no progress"
- "Sometimes you have to get dirty to reveal the treasures within"
- "The strongest character can be forged through effort and hard work"
Prayer[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Dancing platform for each of these:
- "An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it"
- "Do not believe in miracles - rely on them"
- "Trust your inner voice, for it knows more than you do"
- "Your love light shines on another"
Ranged[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Easter Egg Shy for each of these, [or kill any monster using any combat style (does not required it to be ranged style)] - melee doesn't work though:
- "If at first you don't succeed, try again from further away"
- "It is not the strong but the responsive that survive"
- "Now is the time for caution, not fear. Do not let fear control you"
- "Your skill today will be in changing direction with the swiftness of a bird"
Runecrafting[edit | edit source]
- "A calmness can be found in devoting yourself to gathering"
- "Beautiful spaces create beautiful minds"
- "Collecting moments is as important as collecting things"
- "Surround yourself with mysterious locations and they will inspire you"
Slayer[edit | edit source]
Kill anything (does not need to be a Slayer assignment) for each of these:
- "Know the opposition, it's not always the enemy"
- "Pursue your wishes aggressively" (with no armour or weapon, just with your hands)
- "You have an ambitious nature and may make a name for yourself"
- "Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded"
Smithing[edit | edit source]
- "Be your own salvation. Create yourself a protective shell"
- "Channel your strength and anger into creating something today, make something positive"
- "Constant grinding can turn a shapeless form into beauty"
- "It is better to be brave and protected, than simply just brave"
Strength[edit | edit source]
Interact with the Test of strength machine for each of these:
- "Conquer your fears, or they will conquer you"
- "Don't confuse a single defeat with a final defeat"
- "Grasp the opportunities that come your way"
- "Strength is built upon inner character"
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Make any type of Summoning pouch for each of these:
- "Be one with life and nature, feel your power flow through the lives of others"
- "Engage in group activities that further your transformation"
- "To get through the darkest times, you may need to summon others to help you"
- "When your burden is too heavy, look for those who can help you carry it"
Thieving[edit | edit source]
- "All the best things come free of charge"
- "Hold on to the things you want, possession is nine tenths of the law"
- "The first step towards failure is trying"
- "What looks like a good deal may not be, be wary of who you buy from"
- "You will find doors opening for you"
Woodcutting[edit | edit source]
Cut any type of tree to complete the following fortunes:
- "Hardship can be a blessing in disguise; storms make trees take deeper roots"
- "It could be beneficial for you to go out on a limb today"
- "Time spent in the company of trees is never time wasted"
- "To gather the fruit sometimes you must first climb the tree"
- "You will timber"
Multiple skills[edit | edit source]
These fortunes can be completed by multiple skills, and offer reward Prismatic medium fallen stars:
- "A lifetime isn't nearly long enough to figure out what it's all about" (Agility, Crafting, Invention, Mining)
- "Fate doesn't always know what it is doing, be prepared to stray from your chosen path" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Defence, Prayer)
- "If you don't try, you will guarantee failure" (Constitution, Invention, Mining, Prayer)
- "It is better to regret that which you have done, than thethings you haven't tried" (Agility, Prayer)
- "It is more important to be happy than right" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Farming, Hunter, Prayer)
- "Life is too short to hold grudges, unless they deserve it" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Defence, Prayer)
- "Live each day like it's your last, unless you're an ironman" (Agility, Constitution, Defence, Cooking)
- "Opportunity is knocking on your door, be sure to listen for it" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Defence, Farming, Hunter, Mining, Prayer)
- "Relish the transitions in your life - they will happen anyway" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Defence, Firemaking, Mining, Prayer, Woodcutting)
- "Take your time today, haste will not help you" (Agility, Constitution, Cooking, Defence, Prayer)
Unsorted[edit | edit source]
- "Change isn't always good."
- "Keep your expectations reasonable."
Cards[edit | edit source]
The cards used by Kristlin don't appear to be based on any existing variant of tarot cards. Kristlin's deck feature a minor arcana of 4 suits (arrows, swords, wands and orbs) running from 1 to 12, as well as 12 major arcana, for a total of 60 cards.
Although some of those suits are shared with other decks (notably swords and wands being found in Latin playing cards and thus also modern-day tarot cards), the combination as a whole appears unique.
The major arcana appear to be entirely unique. They are as follows:
It's been confirmed that the cards flipped determine the fortune received, but the exact mechanics of this are not yet known. 
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]