This article is about the statless pair of boots. For boots with stats, see Rock climbing boots
Climbing boots are used in the Death Plateau, Troll Stronghold, Eadgar's Ruse, and Troll Romance quests. They also make the Desert Treasure quest a lot easier. They can be taken (along with an iron bar) to the blacksmith in Burthorpe (Dunstan) to produce spiked boots.
They are first obtained in Death Plateau, but cannot be put on before finishing it.
After finishing Death Plateau (players who finished the quest before the Burthorpe makeover need to complete it again), players may buy climbing boots from Freda for 12 coins or a more expensive pair of Rock Climbing boots for 75,000 coins, which give combat stat bonuses. "Plain" climbing boots cannot be bought through the trade interface, only through dialogue, and you can only buy them if you don't already have them.
Climbing boots are most commonly used to scale the Death Plateau Troll shortcut.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 8 March 2011 (Update):
- These boots no longer stretch on females.
- update 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Prior to this update, there was only one type of climbing boots, which cost 12 coins and had the combat stat bonuses of rock climbing boots. After the update, all climbing boots in players' possession were converted to rock climbing boots.
- If you try to put them on during Death Plateau, the error message still mentions the sherpa (Tenzing) despite he's been replaced Freda.