|Release||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|On death||Always lost|
|A cape worn by those who've seen the world in a different light.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Classic cape is one of the Capes of Distinction and can only be worn by members who played RuneScape Classic at any time. The cape is all black with the original RuneScape logo on it and comes with a pixelated emote. It is sold by Iffie at Thessalia's Fine Clothes shop located in Varrock. Talk to Iffie about what she is knitting with at least 50,000 coins. The cape will turn to 50,000 coins upon death. The cape can be stored on a cape rack in the costume room of a player-owned house.
Mod Mark released a statement in the May 2011 Behind the Scenes, saying "That winning veteran cape design will soon be available to all players who have had a RuneScape account for at least five years. Joining it is the Classic cape, for all of those who have at some point logged into RuneScape Classic on their account."
The cape's emote is activated by using the Skillcape emote, as the right-click menu does not have the option like most capes. When performed, it shows a thought bubble containing a rune hatchet as the emote. The icon that appears over the players head when the emote is performed is based on icons used in RuneScape Classic to represent actions.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||4.5||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 May 2011 (Update):
- This cape can now be stored on a POH cape rack by using the hood on the rack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon death, players can reclaim their hood at the gravestone and will also receive an extra hood upon buying another classic cape.
- Before the update on 18 March 2013, the Classic cape's emote could also show a rune bar or a rune arrow; however, it now only shows the rune axe to help prevent random chance gambling.
- The hood and cape have the lowest priority for being saved when dying.
- With the closure of RuneScape Classic, it is impossible for new players to obtain the cape unless they have logged into RuneScape Classic in the past.
- Players used to be able to claim the Classic cape even if they weren't eligible to play Classic (i.e. they had not played when there was an opening) by simply attempting to log in anyway. This was possible until the shutdown of RuneScape Classic.
- The emote for this cape activates using the Cape (emote) despite appearing as unavailable in the emote list.