|Release||12 April 2011 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get another clan cloak from the Captain of the Guard (Clan Camp).|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A cloak to show your clan allegiance.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The clan cloak is a cloak players can equip to show their clan allegiance, and is the wearable counterpart to the clan vexillum. To obtain one, speak to the Captain of the Guard in the Clan Camp or Clan Citadel while being a member in a clan with at least five members. He will also replace the cloak if lost. Players can give the vexillum to another clan member by using it on them.
It features the clan logo and the clan colour, chosen by the clan leader or admins/deputy owner. These can be configured in the 'Clan Settings' of the Clan interface by the owner/Admin of the clan.
The clan cloak was released together with the Clan Camp, and is partially customisable with two icons from a set and a selection of colours from a palette. The colours and symbols of the clan cloak as well as the clan vexillum can be edited using the Clan Customisation tool, which can be found in the Clan Chat tab of the side interface. Four colours can be customised: the main cape colour, the cape's trim/inside colour, and one colour for each of the two logos.
Clan capes can be used as a free cosmetic override.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Fealty upgrade[edit | edit source]
Each rank of fealty the player has adds a cosmetic star to the bottom of the clan cloak (to a maximum of 3 at rank 3 fealty).
Once the player has achieved fealty rank 3, they may claim their weekly experience reward by right-clicking on their clan cloak, and clicking "Fealty-Reward." The amount of experience gained is determined by the level of the skill chosen; the formula is the same as the formula used to gain exp in the Shattered Heart Distraction and Diversion and Jack of trades aura.
Note: When using the "Fealty Reward" on Elite Skills such as Invention, the experience gained is halved. For example: At level 10 Invention, the experience gained by the clan cloak is 90 XP.
The fealty level will remain the same if a player changes clans and continues to skill in the new clan.
Experience reward formula[edit | edit source]
The experience gained at level is
template = Template:Shattered heart calc form = shf result = shr param = 1|Skill's Level||int|1-120 param = isvirtual|Virtual level?|false|hidden
|Clan Cloak Tier 3 Reward Calculator|
|Calculator is loading...|
|0 Experience Points|
After redeeming the experience the chat box will say:
"Your clan cloak draws power from the citadel, awarding you <#> XP in <Skill>!"
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 August 2020 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to duplicate clan vexillums and clan cloaks by continuously giving them to a fellow clan member already in possession of these items.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- The Clan flag and clan cloak now equip properly in the world and in the clan citadel.
- patch 30 September 2019 (Update):
- A specific proc used for the Clan Cloak, Clan Vex and Herald Cape has now been moved into the core wear prevention check
- patch 6 August 2018 (Update):
- Giving a clan member a clan cloak now checks if they are still within a reasonable range of you before giving it.
- You can now only give a Clan Vex or Clan Cloak to members in your clan only.
- patch 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Added the clan cloak as a cosmetic cape override to the Customisations interface.
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- Players can once again claim multiple Clan cloaks and Clan vexillums.
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
- The head guard in a Clan Citadel will now give out Clan cloaks correctly.
- patch 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The clan cloak’s destroy message now states the correct NPC to speak to in order to reclaim the cloak.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 1 June 2011, the clan cloak's collar was changed to two separate collars so as to not cover the player's amulet slot.
- If a player enters a High Risk Wilderness World while wearing this item, its colours and symbols will appear default (RS symbols with blue colour) until the player clicks to continue on the message telling them they cannot use their protect items prayer. A similar glitch appears on world 42, when the roleplaying notification appears.
- The fealty tier 2 cape could be achieved any time a build tick occurred after the fealty cape update. A player would need to gather the resources necessary for a ring after the update, then gather the resources again after the build tick. Because of this, some clans members were able to gain the tier 2 cape within the first day of the fealty system's release.
- On 19 June 2012, all vexilla were changed to default colours. Clan cloaks were also affected, and all clan citadels appeared to cease to exist.
- There is currently a glitch that causes the player to remain at level 3 fealty despite not even visiting the citadel for multiple weeks. The clan cape will have 3 stars until it is unequipped and re-equipped.
- A graphical update on 8 September 2012 changed the base cape, affecting the clan cloak and many other capes (e.g. herald cape, web cloak, etc.). It also added side flares and made the bottom symbol colour the same as the primary colour of the clan cloak.
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|
|Website features||Clan Hiscores • Clan Home • Clan Forums|
|In-game features||Clan Chat • Clan Settings • Clan cloak • Battlefield cape (blue • neutral • red) • Clan vexillum • Clan jobs • Clan Citadels • Clan Admin Messages|
|Clan Camp||Captain of the Guard • Clan charter • Clan meeting tent • Scribe • Sergeant-at-Arms • Clan noticeboard|
|Rated Clan Wars||Rcw badge • Rcw rules|