Battlefield (Clan Citadels)
The battlefield is an instanced, customized area in Clan Citadels which allow clans to create their own areas for battle or events. Battlefields are safe. If players die during a match, they do not lose anything. The battlefield can be accessed by speaking to the Battlemaster. He lets players with the appropriate permissions edit, initiate, and enter battles. Guests can enter a battle, but not edit the field.
Increasing the tier of the battlefield increases the number of available saved layouts and the number of people who can participate in a battle. At tier 1, a battlefield can have two saved layouts, tier 4 allows three saved layouts, and tier 7 allows four saved layouts.
Playing[edit | edit source]
A player starting a battle can use the battle interface to choose rules. Once they have been confirmed, the battlefield generates and players are sent to the field. Once the timer has fully counted down, players may start fighting and earning points. The battle ends when the conditions set forth by the battle creator are met.
Rule list[edit | edit source]
|Battlefield layout||If your clan has more than one battlefield layout, you can select which one you would like to use for your battle with this dropdown box.|
|Combat style||Controls whether the battlefield is a single-way or multiway combat area.|
|Enable PVP||Controls whether or not the battlefield is a PVP area.|
|Reward for killing players||Specify what a player will receive for killing a neutral player, or players on the opposite team.|
|Team vs team||You can choose to have no teams, make team choice optional, or enforce a team choice.|
|Battle ends when a team scores...||Sets the number of points that a team must score to cause the battle to end.|
|Battle ends when a player scores...||Sets the number of points that a player must score to cause the battle to end.|
|Battle ends after...||How the battle should be finished.|
|When time is up, winner is...||Sets how the game will choose a winner once the time limit has been reached.|
|Forbid melee||Stops melee skills being used.|
|Forbid ranging||Stops the Ranged skill being used.|
|Allow magic spells||In addition to the usual toggle, a battle may be restricted to the standard spellbook, or to binding spells.|
|Forbid summoning||Stops the Summoning skill being used.|
|Forbid food||Stops food from being used.|
|Forbid drinks||Stops drinks from being used.|
|Forbid prayer||Stops the Prayer skill being used.|
|Players with flags or balls may be tackled...||Allows you to stop players tackling others.|
|Lighting||Sets the battlefield to be during the day or at night.|
Editing[edit | edit source]
- For a list of usable battlefield elements, see list of Battlefield elements.
Anyone with the correct permissions may edit the battlefield by speaking with the Battlemaster. You will go to a version of your battlefield where you can edit the items in place. The battlefield map consists of 12,208 squares (112 height x 109 width). Up to 200 items may be placed on the battlefield from the menu, though a wall or hazard stretched over several squares is considered one item. Up to five people may edit the battlefield at a time.
Adding and removing elements[edit | edit source]
Battlefield elements can be applied, changed, or removed by choosing the element type from the list and clicking on the chosen square inside the interface. When adding a wall or hazard, clicking on a square will darken it, showing that you can hold and stretch the element over any number of squares.
Placing one item over or through an existing element will remove that entire element, so caution should be used when editing near walls. The zoom feature (using a mouse scroll-wheel or the sliding bar at the top) greatly helps with precision editing.
Customizing settings[edit | edit source]
Most battlefield elements can be customized, to:
- Adjust skill and level requirement
- Change respawn time
- Define item or boost received
- Change combat level or damage received
- Define points or key reward
Clicking the wrench next to the item list opens up the available options, and once placed on the map settings are defined in mouse-over text.
Costs[edit | edit source]
|Timber||Stone||Metal bars||Precious bars||Cloth||Rations||Timber||Stone||Metal bars||Precious bars||Cloth||Rations|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Skilling and Misc spells, such as High Alchemy, Jewellery enchant, or Lodestone teleports, can no longer be cast in Clan Battlegrounds.
- patch 13 June 2012 (Update):
- The text on a Clan Battlefield setup interface has been made more visible.
- patch 6 March 2012 (Update):
- The Clan Battlemaster has finally put away the Christmas trees on the Clan Battlefield.
- Clan Battlefield NPCs now hunt the player over greater distances and no longer ignore the player after a certain amount of time.
- patch 23 August 2011 (Update):
- Conveyors in a Clan battlefield no longer spin the player when they're climbing an Agility obstacle.
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- Any ranked member now has the option to be able to edit Battlefields.
- Battlefield Prayer settings no longer interferes with PVP reward settings.
- Background sounds have been added for the Battlefield portal and item spawn points.
- More variation has been added to several aspects of the Battlefield's audio.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On 29 July 2011, an exploit was quickly found within the Battlefield, where they placed 2 or more powerups that healed a player instantly, and beneath those the same amount of powerups that refilled the player's special attack energy. Then 2 players entered a battle, one walked back and forth on the healing powerups while the other attacked while standing on the special attack powerup, and clicked the special attack repeatedly and gained massive amounts of experience quickly. This was quickly patched.
- Players can get a +10 boost in Summoning, Agility, or Magic in a battlefield, by stepping onto a powerup placed on the floor. This is very helpful for opening ancient effigies.
|Buildings and features|
|Customisation and costs|