|Release||25 September 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|Gloves imbued with mushrooms from the lost grove. Used to apply a burning poison to enemies.|
|Exchange||102,835,324 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cinderbane gloves are hybrid power gloves that can be obtained as a drop from Lost Grove creatures and Solak. They provide tier 85 hybrid armour (i.e. tier 70 equivalent), with tier 70 damage bonus. They additionally have a passive effect that applies poison with a 1/8 chance per hit to targets (including multi-target abilities like Ricochet, as well as those hit by dwarf multicannon and variants) while worn and increases the base poison damage coefficient, stacking with kwuarm incense sticks and weapon poison. This effect does not apply to poison immune targets.
If the target is already poisoned, the gloves add a 1/8 chance for poison hits to refresh the poison effect and deal an extra hit. This extra hit can do the same and so on, potentially causing a chain of rapid poison hits. The chance for a poison hit to cause an extra hit is 1/8, so the expected extra hit is 1/8+1/8*1/8+1/8*1/8*1/8+...=1/7.
These gloves have slightly better stats than atrocious rogue gloves with the poisoning effect, but are degradable and lack the latter's life point bonus.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||74.3||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Poison effect[edit | edit source]
Cinderbane gloves have a passive effect that greatly improves the chance for poison hits and increases the average poison damage when under the effects of any tier of weapon poison. Cinderbane gloves' passive effect only works on monsters and bosses that are susceptible to poison damage.
Damage is derived in the following manner:
- Poison damage starts with a base value of 20% of the player's ability damage, base Weapon Poison representing 100% of this damage.
- Each tier of poison adds +25% to this value. Cinderbane Gloves will also provide an additional 25%.
- Damage is rolled between 65-130% of this final poison damage value.
- Unless refreshed, the damage range will be reduced by 3% on every subsequent hit (63.5-127%, 62-124%, etc.)
The average ability damage of these poison hits is listed below:
|Poison type||Average poison damage (Ability %)||Average poison damage with Cinderbane gloves (Ability %)|
Damage estimates[edit | edit source]
In one minute a player uses on average 33 abilities, and will have roughly 100 poisonable hits per minute. Since cinderbanes have roughly a 1/7 chance to proc and deal roughly 39%*2158 = 850 damage per proc we can assume the player will have roughly 13,000 damage per minute using cinderbanes and weapon poison+++.
All of these are assuming the target is using bleeds but they do not account for things like hits from deflect prayers, godbooks, or armour spikes.
- For ranged 1/7th x 105 x 850 = 12,750
- For magic 1/7th x 82 x 850 = 9,957
- for melee 1/7th x 100 x 850 = 12,142
And then add in another ~1k or so to account for the 16 tick poison procs. If cinderbanes do not proc within 16 ticks you get a guaranteed poison proc. This happens rather rarely.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Bosses susceptible to poison[edit | edit source]
The following bosses can be poisoned and can therefore receive increased poison damage from cinderbane gloves' effect.
- All bosses within the TzHaar Fight Cave/Fight Kiln:
- Some Elder God Wars Dungeon Bosses (GWD3):
- Some Heart of Gielinor Bosses (GWD2):
- All three Rex Matriarchs:
- All bosses within the Shadow Reef (ED3):
- All bosses within the Dragonkin Laboratory (ED2):
- Some bosses within the Temple of Aminishi (ED1):
- All Barrows Brothers (regular Barrows only):
- All three Dagannoth Kings:
- Misc bosses:
Bosses immune to poison[edit | edit source]
The following bosses cannot be poisoned and therefore are immune to the cinderbane gloves' effect.
- Araxxor and Araxxi
- All brothers in Barrows: Rise of the Six
- Beastmaster Durzag[Bosses 1]
- All bosses within the God Wars Dungeon:
- Queen Black Dragon
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent
- Twin Furies[Bosses 2]
- Vindicta and Gorvek
- Yakamaru[Bosses 3]
- ^ Durzag himself cannot be poisoned, but all three of his pets and the chargers summoned during the fight can be poisoned.
- ^ The Twin Furies can be poisoned, but their shared health does not decrease from poison damage.
- ^ Yakamaru itself cannot be poisoned, but the jellyfish minions summoned during the fight can all be poisoned.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
Cinderbane gloves synergize very well with anything that can increase poison damage or add extra hits per minute. The extra hits per minute each have a chance of proccing more poison. This can lead to things that otherwise do very minimal damage having a very noticeable impact on your damage per minute.
Synergies because they increase hits per minute[edit | edit source]
|Item||Effect||Approximate increase in hits per minute|
|Blood reaver (familiar)||Adds a hit for every single source of healing||50-300|
|Wyvern crossbow||The passive adds additional small poison hits||35|
|Dwarf multicannon, Oldak coil, and Kinetic cyclone||Adds||12-150 depending upon how many targets|
|Armour spikes and Armour spikes (alloy)||Adds a hit every time you get hit in melee distance||20-33 in single target scenarios|
|Greater Dazing Shot's puncture damage||Small additional hits whenever you use the greater dazing shot ability||20|
|Deflect Curses||Reflects damage back to your target||12-20|
|Illuminated godbook||3-15 Some godbooks hit more than others|
|Eldritch crossbow special attack||Turns soul split healing into damage hitsplats||15-100, Varies significantly depending upon rotation|
|Ancestor spirits aura or Dark magic aura||These auras cause additional hitsplats||8|
|Reflecting blood essence|
Synergies because they increase poison damage[edit | edit source]
|Item||Effect||Approximate poison damage increase|
|Laniakea's Spear||Increases the chance of proccing poison by 5% and increases poison damage dealt by 5%||56%|
|Upgraded bone blowpipe||Doubles the chance of proccing poison but halves poison damage||25%|
|Sophanem slayer dungeon corruption||Increases all damage dealt and received by 25%||25%|
|Vulnerability||Increases all damage by 10%||10%|
|Kwuarm incense sticks||2.5% extra poison damage per stack (max 4 stacks)||2.5-10%|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
|Moss golem||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
|Solak Solak||7000||1||1/1000[dr 1]|
The drop rate for all three Lost Grove Slayer creatures is 1/1,500 while on a Slayer task, and 1/5,000 off-task.
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The Cinderbane gloves at most, costs 300,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 75,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
With an NPC[edit source]
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Alternate methods[edit source]
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone device which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability on a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||300,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||300,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||9,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||18,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||30,000|
Comparison with other gloves[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Hybrid armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Can no longer equip broken Cinderbane gloves from the bank.
- Used Cinderbane gloves will now drop in PvP.
- patch 16 December 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 11 December 2019:
- Weapon poison +++ now correctly stacks to Tier 5 poison with the addition of Cinderbane gloves.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Various items that hold charge like the Amulet of Souls and Cinderbane gloves, will no longer give you the 5% degrade warning when they hit 43%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a bug where using cinderbane gloves could apply poison damage to fonts in the fifth phase of Telos, the Warden, potentially destroying them for the rest of the fight and making it impossible to use them to defend against his instant kill attack. This bug has since been fixed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Sponge. Message in #misc-theorycrafting of PvME server. Discord. 12 November 2019. "Poison chance is 1/8 iirc, think I updated the poison potion tooltips when I made laniakea's."
- ^ Mod Maylea. Monday Update Feedback - 25 March. Reddit. 26 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2021.) Mod Maylea: "You start with the damage of weapon poison. Better poison uses a coefficient to scale the damage up. That damage is the value Kwuarm incense uses to calculate its boost. Cinderbane gloves add to the scaling coefficient before the the final damage is calculated and the Kwuarm boost added."
- ^ Mod Breezy. Message in #ranch-out-of-time channel of official RuneScape Discord server. Discord. 12 November 2019. "Yeah they affect base poison damage too so the "scalar" in code is like; tier 1 poison - 50; tier 2 - 100; tier 3 - 150; tier 4 - 200; tier 5 - 250; the current highest is weapon poison++ at tier 3 PLUS cinders = tier 4; with the update, wep pois+++will allow it to go to tier 5 with Cinders."*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 14 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.) Mod Timbo: "1/1,500 on task, 1/5,000 off-task."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 11 December 2019. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.)