|Release||25 September 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|Gloves imbued with mushrooms from the lost grove. Used to apply a burning poison to enemies.|
|Exchange||52,113,753 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cinderbane gloves are hybrid power gloves that can be obtained as a drop from Lost Grove creatures and Solak. They provide tier 85 hybrid armour (i.e. tier 70 equivalent), with tier 70 damage bonus. They additionally have a passive effect that applies poison at 1/6 chance to targets (including those hit by dwarf multicannon and variants) while worn and increases the base poison damage coefficient, stacking with kwuarm incense sticks and weapon poison. This effect does not apply to poison immune targets.
If the target is already poisoned, the gloves add a chance for poison hits to refresh the poison effect and deal an extra hit. This extra hit can do the same and so on, potentially causing a chain of rapid poison hits. The chance for a poison hit to cause an extra hit is 1/6, and then calculated via an infinite series that the total poison damage increase introduced with this effect would be 20%.
These gloves have slightly better stats than atrocious rogue gloves with the poisoning effect, but are degradable and lack the latter's life point bonus.
|Armour||74.3||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Poison Effect[edit | edit source]
Cinderbane gloves have a passive effect that massively improves the chance for poison hits, and increase the average poison damage when under the effects of any tier of weapon poison. Cinderbanes only work on monsters and bosses that are susceptible to poison damage.
The average ability damage of these poison hits is listed below:
|Poison type||Average poison damage (Ability %)||Average poison damage with Cinderbane gloves (Ability %)|
Bosses[edit | edit source]
The following bosses can be poisoned and benefit from the Cinderbane's passive effect:
- Solak & Erethdor
- The Magister
- Giant Mole
- Corporeal Beast
- Kalphite King
- Kalphite Queen
- The Heart
- Temple of Aminishi
- Dragonkin Laboratory
- The Shadow Reef
- Fight Kiln
- Barrows Brothers
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
|Moss golem||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
The drop rate for all three Lost Grove Slayer creatures is 1/1,500 while on a Slayer task, and 1/5,000 off-task. The drop rate from Solak is 1/1,000.
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Cinderbane gloves when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 300,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Hybrid armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Can no longer equip broken Cinderbane gloves from the bank.
- Used Cinderbane gloves will now drop in PvP.
- patch 16 December 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 11 December 2019:
- Weapon poison +++ now correctly stacks to Tier 5 poison with the addition of Cinderbane gloves.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Various items that hold charge like the Amulet of Souls and Cinderbane gloves, will no longer give you the 5% degrade warning when they hit 43%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a bug (now patched) when using these gloves against Telos phase 5 where the font was dealt poison damage from the gloves causing some of the fonts necessary for the phase to disappear.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/b5ajlv/monday_update_feedback_25_march/ejeujeb/
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 14 February 2018. Mod Timbo: "1/1,500 on task, 1/5,000 off-task."
- ^ https://twitter.com/jagexramen/status/1204724803292323840