|Release||25 September 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|Gloves imbued with mushrooms from the lost grove. Used to apply a burning poison to enemies.|
|Exchange||90,568,362 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cinderbane gloves are hybrid power gloves that can be obtained as a drop from Lost Grove creatures and Solak. They provide tier 85 hybrid armour (i.e. tier 70 equivalent), with tier 70 damage bonus. They additionally have a passive effect that applies poison with a 15% chance per hit to targets (including multi-target abilities like Ricochet, as well as those hit by dwarf multicannon and variants) while worn and increases the base poison damage coefficient, stacking with kwuarm incense sticks and weapon poison. This effect does not apply to poison immune targets.
If the target is already poisoned, the gloves add a 15% chance for poison hits to refresh the poison effect and deal an extra hit. This extra hit can do the same and so on, potentially causing a chain of rapid poison hits.
These gloves have slightly better stats than atrocious rogue gloves with the poisoning effect, but are degradable and lack the latter's life point bonus.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||74.3||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Poison effect[edit | edit source]
Cinderbane gloves have a passive effect that greatly improves the chance for poison hits and increases the average poison damage when under the effects of any tier of weapon poison. Cinderbane gloves' passive effect only works on monsters and bosses that are susceptible to poison damage.
The average ability damage of these poison hits is listed below:
|Poison type||Average poison damage (Ability %)||Average poison damage with Cinderbane gloves (Ability %)|
Bosses susceptible to poison[edit | edit source]
The following bosses can be poisoned and can therefore receive increased poison damage from cinderbane gloves' effect.
- All Barrows Brothers (regular Barrows only):
- Chaos Elemental
- Corporeal Beast
- All three Dagannoth Kings:
- All bosses within the Dragonkin Laboratory:
- Giant Mole
- Kalphite King
- Kalphite Queen
- King Black Dragon
- The Magister
- Masuta the Ascended
- The Sanctum Guardian
- All bosses within the Shadow Reef:
- Solak & Erethdor
- All bosses within the TzHaar Fight Cave/Fight Kiln:
Bosses immune to poison[edit | edit source]
The following bosses can not be poisoned and therefore are unaffected by cinderbane gloves' effect.
- Araxxor and Araxxi
- All brothers in Barrows: Rise of the Six
- Beastmaster Durzag
- His three pets can all be poisoned.
- All bosses within the God Wars Dungeon:
- Queen Black Dragon
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent
- Twin Furies[Bosses 1]
- His jellyfish minions can all be poisoned.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
|Moss golem||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
The drop rate for all three Lost Grove Slayer creatures is 1/1,500 while on a Slayer task, and 1/5,000 off-task.
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Cinderbane gloves when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 300,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other gloves[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Hybrid armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Can no longer equip broken Cinderbane gloves from the bank.
- Used Cinderbane gloves will now drop in PvP.
- patch 16 December 2019 (Update):
- hotfix 11 December 2019:
- Weapon poison +++ now correctly stacks to Tier 5 poison with the addition of Cinderbane gloves.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Various items that hold charge like the Amulet of Souls and Cinderbane gloves, will no longer give you the 5% degrade warning when they hit 43%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a bug where using cinderbane gloves could apply poison damage to fonts in the fifth phase of Telos, the Warden, potentially destroying them for the rest of the fight and making it impossible to use them to defend against his instant kill attack. This bug has since been fixed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Maylea. Monday Update Feedback - 25 March. Reddit. 26 March 2019. Mod Maylea: "You start with the damage of weapon poison. Better poison uses a coefficient to scale the damage up. That damage is the value Kwuarm incense uses to calculate its boost. Cinderbane gloves add to the scaling coefficient before the the final damage is calculated and the Kwuarm boost added."
- ^ Mod Breezy. Message in #ranch-out-of-time channel of official RuneScape Discord server. Discord. 12 November 2019. "Yeah they affect base poison damage too so the "scalar" in code is like; tier 1 poison - 50; tier 2 - 100; tier 3 - 150; tier 4 - 200; tier 5 - 250; the current highest is weapon poison++ at tier 3 PLUS cinders = tier 4; with the update, wep pois+++will allow it to go to tier 5 with Cinders."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 14 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.) Mod Timbo: "1/1,500 on task, 1/5,000 off-task."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 11 December 2019. (Archived from the original on 22 October 2020.)