|Release||20 August 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to harvest more springs to have the chance to find more chronicle fragments.|
|On death||Always lost|
|A fragment of the chronicle of Guthix's past.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Chronicle fragments are Divination items spawned by harvesting from any of the wisp types. Gathering a chronicle fragment gives Hunter experience equal to 10 times the player's Hunter level. The experience is affected by boosts such as the enhanced yaktwee stick and bonus experience (however, the Divination experience gained by turning in fragments is not affected).
While chronicle fragments are uncommon, it is possible to get multiple fragments in quick succession, even from a single divine spring. When a chronicle fragment spawns, it will prompt the message " A chronicle escapes from the spring!". It will be temporarily instanced so that only the player for whom it spawned may see it. After a short while, other players (excluding Ironmen and Hardcore Ironmen) will be able to catch it. If you see the message but not the chronicle, it might be stuck under the spring you are harvesting from.
When wearing the elder divination outfit, players have a chance of getting two chronicles, with a message saying "Your elder divination set split the chronicle in two, and you catch them both".
The modified diviner's headwear grants 3 chronicle fragments once per day.
Exchanging chronicle fragments[edit | edit source]
Prior to completion of the Memorial to Guthix tutorial, a maximum of 30 chronicle fragments may be possessed at once. Once players reach the limit, they will need to offer chronicles to either May Stormbrewer, Eilwynn, or Guthix's Cave in exchange for Divination experience before gathering more. This limit is removed after completing the Memorial to Guthix tutorial, at which point players are able to possess an unlimited amount of fragments before turning them in.
You do not need to bring your fragments with you to offer them, as when you offer them, both your bank and inventory are checked for fragments. Any fragments in either location will be removed and you will be awarded experience relative to the total number of fragments offered.
Offering fragments in Guthix's Cave grants the maximum (33% more) experience, but requires completion of The World Wakes. You can arrive at the shrine quickly with the Sixth-Age circuit's teleport option. Use the Ardougne lodestone, the farmpatch teleport or the Modified diviner's headwear teleport otherwise. Offering 100 fragments at this shrine unlocks the "of Guthix" title.
Experience table[edit | edit source]
The following table shows the Divination experience gained from each chronicle fragment at various levels after collecting at least 10 chronicle fragments. The experience gained from May Stormbrewer and Eilwynn is 75% of that gained from Guthix's shrine, and serves as a good alternative for those who haven't completed The World Wakes.
|Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer / Eilwynn||Guthix's shrine||May Stormbrewer / Eilwynn|
Messages[edit | edit source]
You gather together the chronicle fragments and offer them at the monument. As the chronicle fragments flow from you the following words float into your mind...
- First find balance within yourself.
- Memory and truth are different sides of the same coin.
- Balance is ever changing; what is balance now may not be in times to come.
- Within everyone is the choice, the freedom to embrace cruelty or empathy.
- Sometimes you must lose everything to maintain balance.
- The darkness from the experiences within you is neither good nor evil, unless you choose it to be so.
- Always resist the temptation to forget the painful parts of your past.
- The Universe is ever moving, and you cannot plan the future from past experience.
- Changing your thoughts will change your experiences.
- No-one can live in the light all of the time.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 January 2020 (Update):
- Chronicle Fragment placeholders no longer get removed from the bank once they are converted.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You would need to harvest 15,057 chronicle fragments to get from 1-99 Hunter.
- At one point, multiple players could each obtain a chronicle fragment from a single spawn. This was hotfixed to only allowing one player to capture it. Now attempting to do so prompts the message "That chronicle has already been caught."
- The Hunter experience received when capturing a chronicle was removed in an update (early 2014), then later restored due apparently to public opinion.[ ]
|Rifts / sources|