Chef's delight (m)
|Chef's delight (m)|
|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|This looks a good deal stronger than normal Chef's Delight.|
|Exchange||25,218 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A Mature Chef's delight is a beer brewed by players. It will increase the player's cooking level by 5% of the player's cooking level +2, rounded down, giving 2-6 temporary cooking levels when drunk. Additionally, it will temporarily lower one's attack and strength levels by a few points. It also heals you for 570 life points per dose, or 2280 for a full keg. It is the stronger version of the standard Chef's delight, which only boosts Cooking level by 5% +1 and only heals 200 life points.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|446 XP||-||5 (3s) [r 1]||201,744|
|Must be performed at a brewery|
|10 experience is awarded upon brewing in the fermenting vat.|
|446 experience is awarded upon draining the fermenting vat.|
|Bucket of water||2||235||470|
- ^ This time is for adding items to a vat. The vat takes 2-5 days to brew.
This ale is created through the random chance of player made ales maturing, while brewing Chef's Delight. Maturing occurs during the Brewing process, not afterwards. Leaving normal ale in the vat once it has finished brewing will not cause it to turn mature or go bad. See the Brewing guide in the Cooking Guide.
As this ale is player made, it can be collected into a Calquat Keg, making an Chef's delight (m) (keg). Doing so allows the player to hold 4 doses of this beer in one inventory slot, increasing the value and usefulness of this brew several times over.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- A player may use this in the King Awowogei subquest of Recipe for Disaster to boost their Cooking level to the required level of 70. The minimum level remains at 65 Cooking.
- It may also be used on any achievement diaries to complete a task which required a higher cooking level than you currently have.
- Useful for effigies
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Chef's delight (m)|
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||37.3%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- The hover/longpress tooltip for various drinks now includes a description of their specific stat buffs and debuffs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Up until 2 February 2010, the prices of the Chef's Delight (m3) and the Chef's Delight (m4) were not linked through dosages like regular potions. This was also the case for all ales in barrels.
- After the Ancient Effigies update, the Grand Exchange price of Chef's delight (m) and similar items started to rise because of the new demand in players who needed a few extra levels in order to investigate an Effigy further.