|Chef's Assistant (#223)|
|Release date||11 February 2019 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Mod Helen|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Chef's Assistant is a short to medium length novice quest and is a sequel to Cook's Assistant. To start the quest, the player must talk to the Head Chef in the Cooking Guild, which requires 32 Cooking to enter and must be wearing a chef's hat. Members may also use a sous chef's toque, cooking cape or max cape in place of this item. Members who have also completed the Hard Varrock task set can also enter without any of the aforementioned items.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Head Chef in the Cooking Guild.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Making the cheesecake[edit | edit source]
To start off, the chef will require some ingredients for the cheesecake. The first item is cream cheese, which can be obtained from Phil and Delphie in Falador, just south of the party room. After speaking with Phil and Delphie, they will ask the player to repair their dairy churn using logs and a steel bar. After repairing the churn, talk to them again and they will require some milk in order to make the cream cheese. Then you can use the churn to make the item.
Return to the head chef and he will ask you for a pot of cream and biscuits, he will also give you a cheesecake ingredients list. Pots of cream may be purchased at shops or may be made by using a dairy churn with a bucket of milk. Biscuits can be made by combining a pot of flour and pat of butter to make biscuit dough, which then can be cooked on a range. A pat of butter can be made in a dairy churn with 38 Cooking, purchased from the Culinaromancer's Chest after partial completion of Recipe for Disaster, or bought from the Grand Exchange.
After bringing the Head Chef all the ingredients, he will ask the player to create the cheesecake with love and care. This can be done by clicking on the cake tin and creating the cheesecake. He will compliment it and ask the player to take it to 3 members of Cooks, Apprentices and Kitchen Experts Society listed on the cheesecake delivery list.
Delivering the cheesecake[edit | edit source]
Each member will state the cake is odd, but delicious. Return to the head chef once all members have been visited.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,500 experience lamp
- 3 cheesecakes
- Ability to make cheesecakes and biscuits
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Additional rewards/activities
- Cook 1 of each type of cheesecake and talk to the Head Chef to receive 8,000 experience lamp and 25 biscuits
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Chef's Assistant ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
- Cheese and biscuits ( 10) – Make one of each kind of cheesecake.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Chef's Assistant is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- During Chef's assistant, cheesecake connoisseurs will no longer take bites out of whole cheesecakes, if an already-nibbled cheesecake is in your inventory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the Head Chef reveals to the player his plans for cheesecake, the player's confusion and having to break down the chef's words is a reference to the comedian Peter Kay, and his sketch on party foods including cheesecake.
- When the Head Chef provides the quest background about the CAKES looking for a new leader after a messy "incident" with a wild pie (with no lasting injuries), it is a references to the "pie incident" in the film, American Pie (1999).
- The Head Chef asks the player to retrieve cream cheese from Phil and Delphie, a word-play reference to Philadelphia Cream Cheese and the popular Kraft Recipe for Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake.
- Mess Sergeant Ramsey's exclamation that "It's raw!" is one of Gordon Ramsay's reactions on TV cooking shows. He is known for shouting this out when presented with poor quality cooking, along with other catchphrases for other meals.
- After the quest players can suggest new cheesecake flavours to the Head Chef. One option is raspberry, which the head chef thinks is a mispronounciation of redberries, although raspberries did exist in-game as an ingredient in the preparations for the Gielinor Games.
- The Head Chef's exclamation about liking the "buttery biscuit base" of the cheesecake is a reference to a mashup of a scene from MasterChef that gained popularity in 2011, released by Swedemason.
- This quest was created as part of a GameJam project. 
- The "Yes Chef!" dialogue at the end of the first conversation with Head Chef is almost certainly an homage to the Brit Com "Chef!" starring Lenny Henry, in which the line appeared frequently.
- When the quest was first released, it was impossible to talk to Phil and Delphie after quest completion as there was no post-quest dialogue initially made for them. This was fixed in a subsequent update.
References[edit | edit source]
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|