Chatheads are the term for the icon which "talks" when players and NPCs are engaged in conversation. They are animated and show the face of the player or NPC. NPCs with chat heads vary from humans and gnomes, to dragons and cats. Players' chat heads can show either their default face and hair, or if they have something equipped on their head (for example, a helmet), the equipped item will show. Chathead animations were updated and smoothened, allow for many more different animations and designs and styles when RSHD was released.
Chat heads can display emotions such as anger, worry, drunkenness, happiness, shock and sarcasm.
For images and animations of chatheads, see here. Warning: The page contains a large number of animations and may cause lag.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- Part of the faces of several characters are no longer missing.
- The chat head model of Akrisae's hood has been adjusted.
- Doris no longer has different colour hair rollers to her chathead.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- Cerlyn's skin colour now matches her chathead colour.
- Some slight clipping issues have been fixed with Doric and Boric's chatheads.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Diango chathead now plays an animation when talking to him about redeeming items.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Updated Chaeldar's chathead on the interface of the lunar spellbook’s Contact spell.
- patch 8 February 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the chathead animation for an NPC that wasn't working properly.
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Fixed several ghost chatheads that were broken.
- Removed a chathead issue from Thorgel the dwarf.
- Marius's beard now matches his chathead.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Mod Alec, it takes about six hours to model and animate a chathead.