Charge Water Orb is a skilling spell which requires level 56 Magic and the standard spellbook to cast. It requires 30 water runes, 3 cosmic runes and 1 unpowered orb, and grants 66 experience per cast. It transforms an unpowered orb into a water orb, which can then be added to a battlestaff in order to create a water battlestaff. It can only be cast at the Obelisk of Water, located on an island south of Catherby beach. It can only be reached by traversing Taverley Dungeon. Due to the high water rune cost, it is recommended to use a staff of water or equivalent when casting this spell.
The Obelisk of Water can be quickly reached by using the Dungeoneering cape to teleport to the Taverley hellhound resource dungeon then running south-west, climbing the ladder located just before the black dragons. This requires level 99 Dungeoneering. Alternately, players with 80 Agility can jump over the shortcut north of the stairs leading into Taverley dungeon and head west, past the poison spiders and monks of Zamorak. For those with 70 Agility, there is a pipe which leads to a blue dragon nest, from which the obelisk can be reached by heading south, looping west, heading north past the black demons and then west. For players without 70 Agility and 99 Dungeoneering, they must traverse the entire dungeon, which includes obtaining a dusty key to unlock the door to the blue dragon area.
Assuming all materials are bought on the Grand Exchange and a staff of water is used, casting Charge Water Orb currently yields a profit of 2,833 coins, or 43 coins per Magic experience gained.
|31||956|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 August 2014 (Update):
- The animations for alchemy, super heat, enchant, charge orb, bones to bananas, and bones peaches have all been updated.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- The animation for enchanting staff orbs at the elemental obelisks has been made much smoother.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Orb charge spells are now listed in the Magic Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Players now must stand next to an elemental altar to cast the Enchant Orb spells.