Charge Air Orb is a skilling spell which requires level 66 Magic and the standard spellbook to cast. It requires 30 air runes, 3 cosmic runes and 1 unpowered orb, and grants 76 experience per cast. It transforms an unpowered orb into an air orb, which can then be added to a battlestaff in order to create an air battlestaff. It can only be cast at the Obelisk of air, located in level 7 Wilderness. Due to the high air rune cost, it is recommended to use a staff of air or equivalent when casting this spell.
As the Obelisk of Air is located in the Wilderness, care should be taken while using it. If the hard Wilderness achievements have been completed, it can be quickly reached by heading north of Edgeville and climbing up the shortcut. Alternately, it can be quickly reached by using the Dungeoneering cape to teleport to the Edgeville Dungeon chaos druids dungeon then heading north-west then heading north upon reaching the black demons and climbing up the ladder. This requires level 99 Dungeoneering. Otherwise players must traverse the entire dungeon.
Players will be attacked by black demons, thugs, chaos druids, deadly red spiders and skeletons depending on the route taken.
Assuming all materials are bought on the Grand Exchange and a staff of air is used, casting Charge Air Orb currently yields a profit of 1,932 coins, or 28 coins per Magic experience gained.
It is possible to gain 40,000 Magic experience by casting this spell, making it one of the best training methods due to the fast experience and profit. However, it is also extremely risky due to the risk of player killers.
|31||918|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 August 2014 (Update):
- The animations for alchemy, super heat, enchant, charge orb, bones to bananas, and bones peaches have all been updated.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- The animation for enchanting staff orbs at the elemental obelisks has been made much smoother.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Orb charge spells are now listed in the Magic Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Players now must stand next to an elemental altar to cast the Enchant Orb spells.