|Release date||13 February 2001 (Update)|
|Also called||Quest Guild|
|Location||Southwest of Varrock|
|No. of stores/banks||Scavvo's Rune Store, Valaine's Shop of Champions, Marvellous Mysticism, Bank (in basement)|
|Required level||33 Quest points|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Champions' Guild is a guild for adventurers, run by the guildmaster. It is located south-west of Varrock and requires 33 quest points to enter. In order to join the guild, players must complete Dragon Slayer, which is started in the Guild. Xenia, one of the Signature Heroes, was a founding member of the guild. While free-to-play players can access the guild, only members can access the basement.
Reaching the guild[edit | edit source]
The guild is located near the Varrock lodestone. Alternatively, the canoe transport system has a station located directly behind the guild. The combat bracelet can also teleport the player directly outside the guild.
Features[edit | edit source]
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
The ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] consists of a large foyer and a smaller room to the south. The foyer has a large table and a set of chairs where the Signature Heroes can be occasionally found. If they are present when the player enters the guild, Ozan will play a short song before the music player resumes. The guildmaster is also found in the foyer, greeting players who enter and acting as the starting point for Dragon Slayer. The foyer also contains a staircase leading up to the first floor and a trapdoor leading to the basement.
There is a small area on the eastern side of the guild where several chickens can be found and the small southern room contains a range. This makes the guild a good place for players with low Cooking levels to training Cooking and combat, as the chickens' raw chicken drops can be cooked on the range.
First floor[edit | edit source]
The 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] is a single room where three merchants are located, all of whom sell tier 50 equipment. Scavvo runs a store selling rune equipment, Valaine runs a store selling Ranged equipment, and Mystic Marge runs a store selling Magic equipment.
In RuneScape Classic, there was a one way exit from the upper floor—an emergency exit ladder in the south-west corner could be climbed down to the outside, and could not be climbed up.
Basement[edit | edit source]
The basement is the home of the Champion's Challenge, a D&D where the champions of various races duel in a special arena. Six champions representing humans, dwarves, elves, gnomes, TzHaar and werewolves sit around the top of the arena. The walls are lined with banners, which are rolled up until the player defeats a champion. The number of champions defeated determines the number of unrolled banners. There is a bank chest near the ladder that players may use to prepare for their battle.
Larxus organises the fights. Players who obtain a champion's scroll from one of thirteen different races of monsters can arrange to fight the respective champion, with each champion having their own special set of rules. Captain Joycey the Leprechaun Champion acts as a teaser challenger, whom all players can fight without a champion's scroll.
Known members[edit | edit source]
The following NPCs are members of the guild, confirmed either through conversation and/or being sighted inside.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- NPCs in the Champions' Guild now won't appear to talk in chat when they were not in the building.
- patch 11 November 2019 (Update):
- Fixed a tile near Champions' Guild that was playing wrong music.
- patch 3 July 2012 (Update):
- The TzHaar Champion now faces the correct way in the Champions Guild basement.
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- A floating throne in the Champion's Challenge area is no longer floating.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the removal of PvP worlds, the Champions' Guild was the only guild for free players to permit player combat.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Maylea and Mod Nancy. "Champions’ Challenge Update and Hairstyles." 9 November 2009. RuneScape News.
- ^ NPCs in the Champions' Guild now won't appear to talk in chat when they were not in the building. Patch 2020 07 20
- ^ Meg, RuneScape. "I'm good thanks to you. I've just joined the Champions' Guild so I think I'm getting good at this. I always wanted to be an adventurer, and now - thanks to you - I am."