Challenge Mystery Bag
|Challenge Mystery Bag|
|Release||19 September 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will lose the bag and its contents and cannot reclaim it!|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A bag of mysterious things given to you for completing a Challenge.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The challenge mystery bag was a reward for completing Daily Challenges that required turning in items that had to be made. The items could be banked, and would be automatically retrieved from one's bank if this was the case. It contained a number of certain items, listed below, with a monetary value approximately equal to the items handed in, along with a relatively small amount of gold coins.
On completion of your daily challenge you could speak to Challenge Mistress Fara in Burthorpe, Challenge Mistress Heriau in Prifddinas or Challenge Mistress Rashida in Menaphos to receive this if you were eligible to get one.
Rewards from the challenge bag[edit | edit source]
The rewards below were given depending on how much your challenge earned in items gathered or cost. So, according to Jagex, your challenge bag would give back the amount of gold in items/coins using current Grand Exchange prices, however this could fluctuate in wealth.
For example: on a challenge in which required you to make summer pies, the bag would reimburse you for roughly how much the strawberry, watermelon, cooking apple, and pie shell cost. If you opted to buy raw summer pies instead (much more expensive): you would NOT be reimbursed the higher amount. So, for the most balanced outcome, it was best to choose the cheaper option to complete your challenge.
Ironman players would only be reimbursed for half the normal value.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The bag resembles a tyrannoleather torn bag.
- This bag, along with the Bag of lost items, allowed a player to obtain two or more stacks of bank notes of the same item, by opening a bag and obtaining a stack of noted items as reward that you already have in your inventory. This has been patched as of 9 July 2013.
- There is currently a bug that causes free players to receive members-only items as rewards from Challenge Mystery Bags, meaning that free players cannot use some challenge rewards, however they may be sold.
- Pure and Rune essence were removed as possible loot on 15 September 2014 following complaints on rune prices.
- The text for the "destroy" option of this text appears in bright red.