|Release date||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Sells items||Slayer Equipment|
|Actions||Talk to, Get task, Trade, Rewards, Examine|
|NPC ID||1598, 16941, 16942, 16943|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Chaeldar (pronounced Kay-ull-dar) is the fifth most-advanced slayer master in RuneScape. She is found in the throne room of Zanaris (which requires completion of the Lost City quest to access), directly south of the entrance from the Lumbridge Swamp. She gives out mid-level Slayer tasks which may only be attempted by players with a combat level of at least 75.
History[edit | edit source]
Early life[edit | edit source]
Chaeldar is a fairy; like others of her race, she hails from Zanaris. Chaeldar excelled in combat and Slayer, and eventually rose to the position of Slayer Master. Chaeldar is Guthixian by belief, as are most fairies of Zanaris.
Assassination of Guthix[edit | edit source]
During the Attempt to assassinate Guthix at the end of the Fifth Age, Chaeldar assisted the Guardians of Guthix and other Guthixians in attempting to prevent Guthix's slumber from being disturbed by god factions aiming to kill him to break the edicts. She assists by preventing General Graardor and his troop of goblins from breaching the chambers, and then assists in the defence of Juna against Saradominist forces. Ultimately, however, the Guthixians fail and Guthix is killed by the Mahjarrat Sliske, who'd used an adventurer to gain access to the site. Chaeldar would then return to Zanaris.
Slayer points[edit | edit source]
|Smoking Kills||Points per task||Points per 10th task||Points per 50th task|
Completing 50 tasks assigned by Chaeldar grants an average of 16 points per tasks, if Smoking kills has been completed.
Fairy rings[edit | edit source]
The Fairy ring network is a useful method of doing Chaeldar's Slayer tasks. It has teleport spots close to the Slayer Tower (CKS), the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, (AJR), and other locations to be reached easily for no cost to the player - all of which contain the slayer monsters that she assigns. However, you need to have reached a certain point in or completed the quest A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen.
Assignments[edit | edit source]
|Monster||Amount||Combat level||Slayer experience||Slayer level||Weakness||Weighting|
|Aberrant spectres||110 - 170||72, 78 (Pollnivneach slayer dungeon)||109, 123||60|| Salve amulet Thrown (Slayer tower)|
Arrows (Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon)
|Banshees||110 - 170||37, 91 (Mighty)||15, 89.4||15, 35|| Salve amulet|
|Basilisks||110 - 170||70, 77||57||40|| Air spells|
|Bloodveld||110 - 170||61, 68, 92 (Godwars dungeon), 91 & 95 (mutated)||38.6, 88.4, 197, 216, 239.6||50||Fire spells||15|
|Blue dragons||110 - 170||74, 44 (baby)||98.2, 18.8||1||Bolts||10|
|Brine rats||110 - 170||49||45||47||Fire spells||10|
|Bronze dragons||30 - 60||86||130.5||1|| Water spells|
|Cave crawlers||110 - 170||53, 74, 78||23, 122||10, 35|| Slash|
|Cave horror||110 - 170||77, 105 (Unspeakable horror)||57.6, 440||58||Air spells||15|
|Crawling hands||110 - 170||11, 18, 70 (Skeletal), 75 (Zombie)||16, 19, 100, 100||5||Fire spells||5|
|Dagannoth||110 - 170||See Dagannoth article||See Dagannoth article||1||See Dagannoth article||10|
|Dust devils||110 - 170||85||77.2||65||Crush||15|
|Elves||60 - 150||84/89 (Elf warrior), 108 (Seren mage, Seren archer, Seren warrior), 122 (Cadarn magus, Cadarn ranger, Iorwerth guard, Iorwerth scout)||73.6/89.4, 334.2, 334.2, 334.2, 608, 608, 608, 608||1|| Fire spells|
|Fever spiders||110 - 170||70||93||42||Crush||10|
|Fire giants||110 - 170||85||161.2||1||Slash||10|
|Fungal magi||83 - 136||81||67||1||Air spells||10|
|Gargoyles||110 - 170||93||197.4||75||Water spells||15|
|Grotworms||72 - 109?||28 (young), 63 (regular), 98 (mature)||12, 107.8, 343.5||1||Bolts||15|
|Harpie Bug Swarms||110 - 170||63||36||33||Crush||10|
|Jungle strykewyrms||80 - 110||98||185.6||73||Stab||12|
|Infernal mages||110 - 170||72||50||45||Arrows||10|
|Jelly||110 - 170||63, 68||43, 87||52||Crush||15|
|Jungle horror||110 - 170||67||41.5||1||Water spells||15|
|Kalphite||110 - 170||
Regular: 58, 65, 72, 333 (Kalphite Queen)
Regular: 62, 78.8, 99.8, 1347
Exiled: 110, 147, 147, 240, 240, 2055, 14, 332.5
|1||See Kalphites article||10|
|Kurasks||110 - 170||78, 138 (Overlord)||60.6, 1000||70||Air spells||10|
|Lesser demons||110 - 170||70, 84 (Revenant)||90.5, 80||1|| Silverlight|
|Mutated zygomites||30 - 60||58, 65||65, 75||57||Slash||10|
|Shadow warriors||110 - 170||65||67||1||Air spells||10|
|Troll||110 - 170||See Troll article||See Troll article||1||See Troll article||10|
|Turoth||110 - 170||64, 66, 68, 69, 71, 138 (Mighty)||76, 77, 79, 80, 81, ?||55||Stab||15|
|Vyrewatch||89 - 106||70, 72, 75, 78, 86, 91 (Vyrewatch) / 98 (Vyrelord/Vyrelady)||45.4, 49.8, 54.8, 60.6, 81.0, 93.8 / 115||31 (Quest requirement)||Thrown (only Blisterwood weapons can cause damage)||10|
|Warped tortoises||110 - 170||72||87||56||Bolts||10|
Slayer Challenge[edit | edit source]
After a player has performed several Slayer tasks for Chaeldar, she will occasionally offer a special task in place of a regular Slayer task. The player can decline to take the special task without penalty. If the player accepts the special task, completing the task:
- Earns 10,000 extra Slayer experience.
- Earns 25 Slayer points, if the player has completed the Smoking Kills quest.
- Counts as a task for the player's consecutive task count, which is used for Slayer points.
- Players may complete tasks for other slayer masters and get a slayer challenge on their first meet with Chaeldar also.
Chaeldar's special task is for the player to test an experimental fungicide spray against ten zygomites and survive to return to her and tell her the results of the test. The player uses the spray in place of the normal Fungicide spray, when the zygomite the player is attacking has been reduced to 20 life points or less. When applied, the experimental spray will have one of the following effects, chosen randomly:
- "The experimental spray has sent the zygomite into a furious rage!" The zygomite temporarily turns red, heals a bit, and attacks faster. It can be killed by reducing its life points to 0, without needing another application of the spray.
- "The experimental spray has healed the zygomite!" The zygomite temporarily turns green and its life points are restored to maximum. It can be killed by reducing its life points to 0, without needing another application of the spray.
- "The experimental spray has killed the zygomite!" The zygomite is killed.
Note that the challenge is only complete when the player returns to Chaeldar and speaks to her; using the experimental spray on the tenth zygomite does not automatically finish the task. The challenge does not require the zygomites to be killed; using the spray on them is sufficient. The spray cannot be used to kill more than the required 10 zygomites. Zygomites killed during this challenge do not count toward the Slayer daily challenge, however completing this challenge will count as 1 of the 25 assigned creatures.
Task weighting[edit | edit source]
A dynamic calculator for task weight can be found here.
The percentage chance of getting assigned a given Slayer task can be calculated using the formula
where is the task's weight and is the sum of all weights for the particular Slayer Master. Note that the weights of all blocked tasks, as well as tasks toggled off have to be subtracted from the sum . For Chaeldar, assuming all possible assignments are available, = 373.
Preferring a task makes it approximately twice as likely to be assigned, for the first assignment choice, but does not affect the weighting of the second assignment choice provided by a Slayer VIP ticket.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- The Slayer master Chaeldar will now inform you that Bloodvelds use melee attacks and suggest using magic attacks when asked for tips on how to fight them.
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- Chaelder now gives the player the correct information when assigning jellies.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Updated Chaeldar's chathead on the interface of the lunar spellbook’s Contact spell.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the clickable area for the NPC Contact interface when talking to Chaeldar.
- update 31 January 2005 (Update):
- People may have noticed last week we also decreased the totals of bronze dragons and steel dragons being assigned to decrease crowding on those creatures.
- update 26 January 2005 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Today we have introduced a new skill for members called the Slayer skill! To start the Slayer skill, you should find one of the Slayer Masters who are located in various places around RuneScape. There are five Slayer Masters in total, each catering to different strengths. They can be found in Burthorpe, Morytania, Edgeville Dungeon, Zanaris, and Shilo Village.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Rowley's Twitter account. 26 September 2014. (Archived from the original on 28 September 2014.) Mod Rowley: "Preferred Slayer tasks = a silent, second random roll. If either task is on your prefer list, that's what you get (bias towards first roll)... Once normal and prefer roll is decided, [if] you have a VIP ticket, you get the choice between that roll and a third roll."