The celestial surgebox is an item found within Daemonheim. It is dropped by tier 6+ forgotten mages, and requires 70 Magic and 70 Runecrafting to wield. The celestial surgebox is bound to the ammunition slot and provides infinite air runes; however, as the box carries no magic attack bonus, it is equivalent to the magic blastbox, which also provides infinite air runes when wielded.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 21 February 2012 (Update):
- Surge boxes and blastboxes in Dungeoneering now have equip as the left click option.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- Dungeoneering spell boxes now correctly retain charges if charges are added after it has been bound.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- Dungeoneering surgeboxes now have a "Check charges" option when equipped. They can also now be left-click equipped.
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- The Description for this item now states that it only works when wielded.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- The celestial surgebox will no longer also use air runes when casting Fire Wave.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- The bound celestial surgebox is now the same size as the unbound variant.
- Before EoC, players would need to charge the surgebox with runes for Air Wave or Air Surge. It could be wielded with an elemental staff or used with elemental runes for other wave and surge spells. It could be bound with charges for up to 125 spells (225 after Salt in the Wound is completed), since it was treated as bound ammunition, even though it was wielded in the off-hand slot and provided combat bonuses.
- There was a glitch wherein a bound surgebox, if charged with runes for surge spells and then switched to wave mode, would recharge to wave mode after a floor reset, even if the box was switched back to surge mode. This glitch was addressed by the 'Re-bind' option, which allowed a player to uncharge the box, recharge it with the desired spell, then bind it again.