Cave goblin wire
|Cave goblin wire|
|Release||20 March 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Wire found in Dorgesh-Kaan.|
|Exchange||4,881 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Cave goblin wire is used in light orbs, which can be made by players using the glassblowing section of the Crafting skill or by stealing from various chests in Dorgesh-Kaan. The wire must then be added to the empty light orb to create a filament, allowing the light orb to function in a similar fashion to a light bulb. The completed orb can then be used to replace broken sections of the magical Dorgeshuun lighting system.
Cave goblin wire can be obtained in four ways, three of which are through the use of the Thieving skill.
- The first is to pickpocket the cave goblins inside Dorgesh-Kaan, which requires 36 Thieving.
- The second is to steal from the chests in the city, which requires 52 or 78 Thieving (depending on the chest).
- The third way, also considered by some to be the easiest way, is to grab wire from the wire machine in the south-west side of the city just east of furnace, which requires 44 Thieving and gives 22 Thieving experience per success. Another wire is produced in 6 seconds.
- It is possible to "catch your hand in the mechanism", which will stun the player for 4 seconds and cause 50 life points damage.
- 100 wires are awarded after H.A.M. v. Dorgeshuun.
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Chest (Dorgesh-Kaan, gem)||78||1||60/1000||N/A|
|Chest (Oldak)||52||1||Common[dr 1]||N/A|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|