Small, weak cave goblins are the deceased friends and acquaintances of Zanik whom she must endure being tortured and killed by hordes of Bandosians in her Afterlife as a punishment for defying the Big High War God. A spell causes them to shout insults at Zanik against their will, adding to her torture. During Nomad's Elegy, groups of ten goblins must be protected from incoming Bandosians, which concretely boils down to saving at least one of them from death at the end of each wave. They only have 200 life points, making this a non-trivial challenge.
After three waves of Bandosians have been defeated, the surviving goblins convince Zanik that she is capable of escaping her cruel punishment without jeopardising the other goblins' souls, stating that they would be freed as well.
- The goblins' taunts to Zanik are voice acted.
- There is a chance for the goblins to tell about the arrival of Xau-Tak after they are rescued, seemingly without realising it.
- ^ Cave goblin, "Nomad's Elegy", RuneScape. "When we defied Bandos his loyal dead set aside this corner of his afterlife. All this for me and my friends."
- ^ Cave goblin, "Nomad's Elegy", RuneScape. "We were forced by the magic of this place to say those things... without the power of this place we would not have said them."
- ^ Cave goblin, "Nomad's Elegy", RuneScape. "No, Zanik. This place was made to hurt you. Bandosian belief put us here to hurt you. You have broken the spell now. In the end this punishment is for you. If you leave we'll be free. The Bandosian spirits only really are here to punish us because you were here."
- ^ Cave goblin, "Nomad's Elegy", RuneScape. "Cave goblin: Do you really think you can save them, Player? You can't. There is a grinding darkness against which your soul shall be lathed. And this is Xau-Tak.
Cave goblin: I said 'I'm so glad you could save Zanik. She never deserved this, and I am glad you managed to get her out. Take care of her.' Why do you look so shocked?"