A catspeak amulet allows a player to understand the dialogue of cats. It is obtained through Icthlarin's Little Helper.
To receive one or more of these amulets, speak to the Sphinx in Sophanem. To do this, have a cat or kitten out. If the Sphinx will not talk about the catspeak amulet, then it is possible that it has been combined with a cramulet. If this is the case, get the cramulet and do one of the following: either return to the Sphinx and use the drop trick to get her to give a catspeak amulet or disassemble the cramulet to regain its parts, one of which is the catspeak amulet. During A Tail of Two Cats, the amulet is enchanted and used to find Bob the Jagex Cat.
The Amulet of Catspeak can be enchanted by giving 5 death runes to Hild in Burthorpe.
When wearing the amulet, telling the player's cat to "Chase-Vermin" and attempting to remove the amulet during the following chat sequence can sometimes cause it to disappear and the amulet slot will appear blank. Exiting to the lobby and returning should return the amulet to the amulet slot.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- The amulet of cat speak should now locate Bob correctly.
- After it was first released, a player could only have one catspeak amulet at a time. Due to an update, however, the amount of amulets players can obtain is unlimited. Simply use the drop trick to receive more than one.
- Evil Bob wears a similar amulet called the amulet of manspeak, which enables cats to speak to humans. This is because cats keep humans as pets in ScapeRune, whereas it is the other way around in RuneScape.
- There was a glitch at the Rat Pits minigame which prevents players from discussing strategies with their cat if their catspeak amulet is combined into the cramulet, up until its removal.