Cats of Menaphos
Cats of Menaphos is an activity in Menaphos started by talking to Assistant Librarian Subotai near the Merchant district deposit box (or bank chest if rank 6 reputation with the Merchant district). Finding all of the cats listed in the Menaphos journal unlocks the cat hat cosmetic override, completes the Feline Good achievement, awards a reputation reward in the form of the purrn of previous postcat, and causes Ka to appear at the Soul Altar.
Two options are available when interacting with a cat:
- Pet: Adds the cat to the Menaphos journal
- Talk to: Gives additional dialogue if the player is wearing a catspeak amulet or a cramulet.
Only The Postcat appears as a yellow dot on the minimap. The rest do not.
|Anukat||Inside the VIP skilling area within the Imperial district of Menaphos.||Known to frequent only the most exclusive of areas in Menaphos.||The famous cat-headed cat of Menaphos.|
|Bestopet||Shifting Tombs; may randomly appear after smashing any pot.||Often lost in tight spaces in the tombs below Menaphos.||Didn't appreciate the way you smashed her new home to pieces.|
|Oedipuss||Inside a locked house next to the Port district musician. Players can enter this house once they have tier 5 reputation in the Ports district.||Loves the sea view.||Loves the sea view, and loves his mummy.|
|Hetepheres||Wanders around Menaphos on Sundays (see spawn locations).||Lives for the weekend. Praise the sun!||The desendant of great aristocats. Enjoys sunbathing on lazy weekends.|
|Lucifurr||Wanders around Menaphos on Tuesdays (see spawn locations).||Has developed a successful weekly hunting ritual.||Also known as 'The Micebringer'. A real anti-authoritarian.|
|Jenifurr||Can be spotted while opening sarcophagi during Pyramid Plunder.||A courageous spirit that guards the tombs of Sophanem.||Sarcophagi are dark and quiet. If she fits, she sits.|
|Katarina||Has a chance to spawn when killing monsters in Sophanem Slayer Dungeon. A Slayer assignment is not required to spawn Katarina.||Last time I saw her, she said she was feeling a little corrupted.||Ex-star of 'Keeping up with the Kharidians'.|
|Shebit||Inside a locked house next to Khamud in the north-east corner of the Worker district. Players can enter this house once they have tier 5 reputation in the Worker district.||Works hard, day and night.||Part of a large family collectively known as the Shebyte.|
|Takhuit||Wanders around Menaphos on Wednesdays (see spawn locations).||The best day is the day with frequent walks.||Takes frequent walks, to battle the existential dread.|
|Catsanova||Inside a locked house in the north-east corner of the Merchant district. Players can enter this house once they have tier 5 reputation in the Merchant district.||Currently wooing a whole lot of trader cats.||Runner-up in the 'Most Prolific Kharidian Lover' contest, behind Ozan.|
|The Postcat||Walks in an anticlockwise path starting at the Menaphos gates heading to Pollnivneach, Shantay Pass, the Mining Camp, the Bandit Camp and back to Menaphos.||He delivers the post all across the desert, even as far as Al Kharid.||Neither sun, nor glare, nor heat of day stays this courier from the swift completion of his appointed rounds.|
|Fenekh||Wanders around Menaphos on Thursdays (see spawn locations).||Sometimes here, sometimes there. Either in Menaphos or in hiding.||Known rather ironically as the Desert Fox.|
|Tefimhet||Found within the Soul Altar.||Watches over the passage of souls.||Most people think he is imagining the voices.|
|Nodjmet||Wanders around Menaphos on Fridays (see spawn locations).||I see him around Menaphos, now and then.||Enjoys his life of extreme leisure.|
|Blanchy||Wanders around Menaphos on Saturdays (see spawn locations).||Works so hard, I only see him outdoors on the weekends.||Known throughout the sculptor community for his modelling.|
|Qat||Inside a locked house in the north-west corner of the Imperial district, near Banafrit. Players can enter this house once they have tier 5 reputation in the Imperial district.||As royal as a cat can be.||A qathartic qompanion qapable of qalming the qursed and the qorrupted.|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Feline Good ( 25) – Restore the Grand Library's register of notable cat citizens of Menaphos.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Menaphos district houses containing cats now unlock at tier 5 reputation.
- Players can no longer enter Menaphos district houses without the correct reputation tier.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like the penguin spies, Lucifurr, Takhuit, Fenekh, Nodjmet, Blanchy, and Hetepheres can be herded and trapped in various houses within the districts of Menaphos.
- On release a glitch existed that allowed people of lower tiers access to the locked houses when the door was opened by someone with tier 9 district reputation. This was patched on 19 June 2017, along with lowering the reputation required from tier 9 to tier 5. There have been no apparent consequences to anyone that abused this glitch.
- The glitch was accomplished by having someone of tier 9 reputation open the door normally, then someone of presumably lower reputation would run into the house during the small window of time the door was open, before it automatically closed.
- This glitch is still possible, but only with the cats in the Port and Imperial districts, Oedipuss and Qat.
- If the player previously did not obtain the cat hat while having found and petted all cats, they can now speak to Assistant Librarian Subotai to unlock the cosmetic override.
- Specific cats can only be found on certain days of the week; including every day but Monday, possibly referencing the Garfield comics.
- They do not appear as yellow dots on the map.
|Menaphite gift offering|