|Release||14 September 2015 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
Castle Drakan is the home of Lowerniel Drakan, the vampyre lord of Morytania, and his siblings Vanescula and Ranis, built as an exact replica of the Drakan family's castle on Vampyrium. Located in the direct center of Morytania, just north of Meiyerditch and on the west end of Darkmeyer, it looms over the Sanguinesti region and reminds all that are trapped there of the vampyres' dominance. A number of Vyrewatch and Vampyre juveniles can be seen wandering the grounds.
Apart from the Drakans, the huge castle complex is known to provide residence to other members of the vampyric nobility, such as Tenebra and Solomon Lamescus. Werewolf servants from Canifis also reside there. The castle is known to have a dungeon and a library.
In the quest The Darkness of Hallowvale the player must assist Safalaan Hallow, a member of The Myreque in drawing the castle from the north, west and south. Also, below the castle walls at a certain point of drawing the castle, players see a cutscene with Vanstrom Klause speaking to Lord Drakan's relatives and a vampyre juvinate.
The roof of Castle Drakan can currently only be accessed by players during The Lord of Vampyrium or during and after River of Blood. Players also visit the Vampyrium counterpart of the castle during The Lord of Vampyrium.
The cellar of Castle Drakan can be accessed during and after River of Blood, where it is now being used as an ore refinery, for daeyalt ore.
Before The Lord of Vampyrium update in 2015 the castle was a cosmetic complex with four, small, individual towers but was later redesigned to just one large tower with the release of The Lord of Vampyrium.
There are several methods to reach the roof after River of Blood's completion.
- Players should click on the gates near Sentinel Plaguemanst and select the option to go to the roof. Drakan's medallion teleport to Darkmeyer gets you near the gate.
- Players can use Drakan's medallion to teleport to Meiyerditch or the Meiyerditch Laboratories, go from there to the mines, and push the mine cart of Daeyalt ore to enter the castle. Then make your way up to the roof.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- Fixed some blocking issues on the wall at the back of Castle Drakan.
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- The smashed window in Drakan's castle will now be constructed with a little more integrity.
|Part 8 of the Myreque quest series|
|Part 9 of the Myreque quest series|
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|