|Release||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||Your Navigator, Duncan, can replace this for you.|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|The log book of a port manager.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Captain's Log is a book that contains personalised information about the player-owned port minigame. It is obtained after completing the player-owned port tutorial. When lost, this item can be reclaimed from the Navigator by talking to him or right-clicking "Reclaim log." There are three primary functions of this item: reading player statistics, viewing the map, and teleporting the player to the port.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Read[edit | edit source]
The default function of the Captain's Log is to read the player's port statistics. The log contains five pages with the following information:
Page 1: Ship Status[edit | edit source]
This page contains the status of each of the player's ships. Underneath the name of each ship, there is a label that says either sailing, returned, or damaged. As of the 25 March 2013 update, the log also shows the estimated time of arrival (ETA) of any sailing or damaged ships. As of 26 January 2015 the log also allows sending out voyages and checking results from outside of the port.
Page 2: Port Visitors[edit | edit source]
This page shows chat heads and statistics regarding:
- any visiting adventurers in the port's bar
- the number and type goods the Black Marketeer has for sale
- the Captain for hire currently in the port's bar
Page 3: Port Statistics[edit | edit source]
This page shows all of the statistics regarding the player's progress in their player-owned port.
The following shows maximum possible completion:
|Adventurers met||Stories completed||Clues found||Distance travelled||6,000,000|
|Architect||9||N/A||Scroll pieces found||108|
|Biologist||9||N/A||Ship parts unlocked||62|
Page 4: Port Resources[edit | edit source]
This page contains the number of port resources that the player currently has. This includes both the typical resources (chimes, bamboo, gunpowder, slate, cherry wood, jade, stainless steel, terracotta, azure) as well as trade goods (ancient bones, plate, spices, lacquer, chi, pearls, koi scales).
Map[edit | edit source]
By selecting the right-click "Map Captain's log" option, players can view a map of the lands they have discovered so far. When in map mode, descriptions of the area and island will appear when hovered by the mouse cursor. If the player is currently exploring one of the first seven areas (The Arc–The Loop), then the map will also show a "Next Zone" progress bar that shows the progress made toward unlocking the next area. This bar includes a numerical value (0%–99%) and fills up with a red rectangle reflecting the progress made. If the player has reached the final area, The Shield, then there will not be any progress bar on the map.
Teleport[edit | edit source]
Players can use the Captain's Log to teleport inside their player-owned port. This is an unlimited teleport and can be used as often as desired. Right click the item and choose "Teleport Captain's Log" to activate the spell. This function was added to this item in an update on 14 January 2013. The destination of the Captain's Log teleport was altered in an update on 18 August 2014. Prior to this update the teleport's destination was the area outside of the player-owned port at the portal in Port Sarim.
In addition to providing instant access to the portal, the teleport function can also be useful for quick access to a player-grown spirit tree and therefore the spirit tree network.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- ninja 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Clicking on the ship icons on the Captain's Log interface will now load the relevant ship interface.
- patch 2 March 2015 (Update):
- It is now possible for player-owned port random events to trigger outside of an instanced area by using a Captain's Log.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- The breakdown of voyages in the Captain's Log has been made more detailed. Players can now see which adventurers they've met and how many story and clue voyages they have completed for each adventurer.
- patch 9 February 2015 (Update):
- Players may now claim a second Captain's Log from Duncan.
- The Captain's Log can now be added to the pocket slot, so users can perform all the functions of the Captain's Log and save an inventory slot.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Arrow keys will no longer move the camera when switching between port ships via the Captain's Log.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The Captain's Log once again defaults to the Ship Status page when opened.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- The ranging scrimshaw has now correct bonus listed in Captain's Log.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The log interface has the words "Captain's Log, Runedate" at the top, a reference to Star Trek, where almost every episode features the words "Captain's Log, Stardate". Runedate 0 is equivalent to 27 February 2002, the date that membership was was first released.
- The book used to resemble the void knight book received during A Void Dance. It was updated on 19 December 2012.
- Attempting to use the book's teleport option while as a different form (such as when using a greegree or a transmogrification potion) results in a message: "You must be of human shape to use this teleport."
- Attempting to use the book's teleport option while having any Wilderness Warbands supplies would get the message: "A mysterious force prevents you from teleporting whilst carrying warband supplies.
You can't use that here."
- This item drops on the ground if lost in the Wilderness.
- It used to be possible to view the eastern scrolls unlocked so far, but the ability to do so was removed on 11 February 2019.