According to Curator Haig Halen, the idea for the barge surfaced shortly after the discovery of a previously uncharted island north of the swampy region of Morytania. When finished, a small canal will be dug to the River Salve, the border between Misthalin and Morytania. From here the water-filled canal will allow the barge to travel north up the Salve, where it will eventually arrive on the island.
Completion[edit | edit source]
According to Curator Haig Halen, the barge has not been completed as:
- Version 1.0 of the barge had some serious design flaws (it didn't float).
- Version 2.0 suffered from 'feature creep'. Senior museum staff stuck their oar in (ho-hum) and added unnecessary features: 'go-faster stripes', a portable fossil centrifuge and a walk-on mini-museum. Needless to say, it had buoyancy issues.
- Version 3.0 used a special sealant that attracted sea monsters.
- Version 4.0 used a special sealant that attracted icebergs.
- Version 5.0 crashed into Version 6.0.
- We lost Version 7.0.
- Version 8.0 is still here, we think. But, thanks to an accident involving a magical explosion and some talking anchovies, it now resides 12 seconds out of phase.
- Version 9.0 was built with magic logs and gained some form of rudimentary sentience. It developed serious depression and ran itself aground near Crandor.
|Characters mentioned in the letters|