Jump to navigation Jump to search
The canal barge is a small ship currently being built by the barge foremen and workmen just north of Varrock Dig Site, east of Varrock. The barge is one of the Varrock Museum's current projects.
According to Curator Haig Halen, the idea for the barge surfaced shortly after the discovery of a previously uncharted island north of the swampy region of Morytania. When finished, a small canal will be dug to the River Salve, the border between Misthalin and Morytania. From here the water-filled canal will allow the barge to travel north up the Salve, where it will eventually arrive on the island.
Completion[edit | edit source]
According to Curator Haig Halen, the barge has not been completed as:
- Version 1.0 of the barge had some serious design flaws (it didn't float).
- Version 2.0 suffered from 'feature creep'. Senior museum staff stuck their oar in (ho-hum) and added unnecessary features: 'go-faster stripes', a portable fossil centrifuge and a walk-on mini-museum. Needless to say, it had buoyancy issues.
- Version 3.0 used a special sealant that attracted sea monsters.
- Version 4.0 used a special sealant that attracted icebergs.
- Version 5.0 crashed into Version 6.0.
- We lost Version 7.0.
- Version 8.0 is still here, we think. But, thanks to an accident involving a magical explosion and some talking anchovies, it now resides 12 seconds out of phase.
- Version 9.0 was built with magic logs and gained some form of rudimentary sentience. It developed serious depression and ran itself aground near Crandor.