|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Music||Camelot (music track)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Castle of Camelot is just east of Seers' Village. It is the home to King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table and the starting point for the Holy Grail and Merlin's Crystal quests. The castle might also be a frequent venture for players following clue scrolls.
Camelot was once the home of the Sinclair family. However, when the Knights of the Round Table came to Gielinor, Lord Sinclair gave the castle to them and moved to Sinclair Mansion.
The castle cannot be accessed during King's Ransom.
Knights of the Round Table[edit | edit source]
- King Arthur
- Sir Kay
- Sir Bedivere
- Sir Pelleas
- Sir Tristram
- Sir Palomedes
- Sir Lucan
- Sir Gawain
- Sir Lancelot
- Sir Percival (left to serve as the king of the Fisher Realm)
- Sir Galahad (currently living in his cottage near the Coal truck mining site)
- Sir Mordred (the traitor, currently living in Keep Le Faye)
All of these knights appear in the original legend.
These knights cannot be fought normally, but after you have completed King's Ransom you will be able to take part in the Knight Waves training ground that allows you to fight all of the Knights of the Round Table, one after the other. This is for a reward of 20,000 experience in combat skills (Constitution, Attack, Strength and Defence) and your respawn point can be set to just outside the castle (by speaking to Merlin in the castle, 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]) instead of Lumbridge or Falador. You also get access to four new prayers (Chivalry, Piety, Rigour, and Augury).
Although not technically part of the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin lives in Camelot Castle in his study on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. He is a close confidant of King Arthur and plays a large role in all the Camelot quests.
The spell Camelot Teleport can be cast at level 45 Magic with 5 air runes and 1 law rune, teleporting players directly in front of the castle assuming the teleport destination has not been changed.
While it is stated that the Knights of the Round Table are from Britain (and as such not RuneScape-adapted) the castle has symbols of Saradomin. However, the castle was given to King Arthur by Lord Sinclair, who is a Saradominist.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This was named after the legend of King Arthur.
- When you talk to King Arthur for the very first time, he says that he is "passing time" or "taking a vacation" in RuneScape.
- Unlike the rest of the knights in RuneScape, the names of the Knights of the Round Table do not play on words like the White Knights and Temple Knights. This is no doubt due to Arthur and his knights being actual legendary figures and not specifically created for RuneScape.
See also[edit | edit source]
|Part 2 of the Camelot quest series|
|Part 1 of the Camelot quest series|