|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||Oh, it's a camel.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
A camel is a type of creature that inhabits the Kharidian Desert. These include dromedary camels (Camelus dromedarius), which have one hump, Bactrian camels (C. bactrianus), which have two humps and Ugthanki (C. horribleus), which are exclusively found in the Kharidian desert.
A third species, the Ugthanatos, were created by Akthanakos to fight Enakhra, possessing enhanced traits of the Ugthanki in addition to manipulative limbs. Most, if not all camels, worship Akthanakos as their god.
Talking to camels[edit | edit source]
There are three phrases that players may say when talking to a camel:
- "Mmm... looks like that camel would make a nice kebab."
- "I wonder if that camel has fleas..."
- "If I go near that camel, it'll probably bite my hand off."
Perhaps not surprisingly, the camel's response to such a negative approach (shown in the player's message box) is equally hostile. One of the following three responses from the camel may appear:
- The camel tries to stamp on your foot, but you pull it back quickly.
- The camel turns its head and glares at you.
- The camel spits at you, and you jump back hurriedly.
Members may use the camulet or cramulet, which act as a camelspeak amulet, allowing players to speak to certain camels throughout the Kharidian Desert. When the player is wearing the camulet, the camel's response to their comment is: "How can you say such cruel things?"
However, players can only attack camels verbally - they cannot be physically attacked and neither can camels deal damage to players.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 June 2017 (Update):