Calculator talk:Runecrafting/Profit per trip
Smooth Distribution[edit source]
Hmm these calculations seem to assume that doubles Runes are only crafted when you reach a particular level (i.e. double Nature Runes only crafted with you reach level 92 Runecrafting), however this was done away with in an update a while ago which introduced the 'probability' per essence to produce double runes. This makes the profit per rune a smooth (at least smoother) increase rather than the giant steps it used to be and still is on this article.
Perhaps we could make the assumption that the increase in probability is linear between the points currently on the table. For example, if we had:
|Level||Number of Runes Crafted Per Essence|
It would now be:
|Level||Number of Runes Crafted Per Essence|
While we don't know if it actually is a linear relationship, it would still be more accurate than what it is now.Anincent 13:25, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
- There is a disclaimer about this. The relationship between rune types is unlikely to be unaffected. Some figures for the level/multiple are collected at Calculator:Runecrafting/Fractional rates - this needs more data, especially for low levels and less valuable runes. Rich Farmbrough, 21:38 20 August 2012 (UTC).
Soul Runes[edit source]
Soul runes are uncraftable? 23:47, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
Yep, they are, only by the ZMI altar. And, well, here's my suggestion - add colors to the table. It's pretty easy to get mixed up with all the different runes.--Perfishadow 18:44, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
Can someone bold all the ones that are best for the level, that might be a good improvement.
- That is "too hard" because the values are calculated dynamically (based on the exchange price of the runes and the essence and pure essence). Therefore it's not just a question of bolding certain cells. Rich Farmbrough, 20:22 14 November 2009 (GMT).
However it may be fairly static currently it is:
- 1- 4 air runes (loss)
- 5-39 water runes (loss or small profit)
- 40-43 astral runes
- 44-53 nature runes
- 54-64 law runes
- 65-90 death runes
- 91-99 nature runes
Just wanted to point out that astrals are better profit wise than deaths once you can make doubles. So its actually 82-90 astral runes.Barelyliving 00:35, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
Math error?[edit source]
I only bothered doing the math for nature runes (219 coins) between levels 44 and level 49, but something is either horribly wrong in my math or the math used in the table (which I couldn't follow). At current market prices, making nature runes from pure essence (130 coins) between levels 44 and 49 uses 35 pure essence (26 from inventory and 9 from pouches) per trip, so the profit from selling the natures would be 35 * (219 - 130), or 3115 coins, yet the page indicates a profit of 6160 coins. Any ideas? To3cutt3r 17:22, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Yes, Math Error?[edit source]
I also can't seem to get the math in this table to fit. At level 64, I pay 5203 gp (121*43) for the pure essence, and sell the 86 cosmic runes for 12986 (151*86). 12986-5203= 7783gp profit per run. The table says the profit for cosmic rune runs at lvl 64 is 11094!! Could someone fix this table?
Mine or buy?[edit source]
There is no indication of whether you buy/mine your ess. What does the table go by??22.214.171.124 07:37, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Goes by purchasing. This is based on [[w:opportunity cost]] - if you have mined them, you have the opportunity to sell them, so the cost is still the same. In effect the decision to mine essence is independent of the decision to runecraft - you might be better off doing some other mining activity, for example. Rich Farmbrough, 21:29 20 August 2012 (UTC).
Massive Pouch[edit source]
Shouldn't the massive pouch be added to the capacity?
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3596/dragon116.pnghttp://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9796/dragon116talk.png. 00:59, January 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe: the key fact is which altar makes the most profit. Rich Farmbrough, 10:22 6 February 2013 (UTC).
- Done. Rich Farmbrough, 10:42 6 February 2013 (UTC).
Broken Calculator[edit source]
Just wanted to bring some attention to this, this calculator appears to be completely broken. Every entry shows:
Not sure how this sort of thing is dealt with or how to fix it, but it seems like a worthwhile calculator. Thanks. 126.96.36.199 06:47, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for your note, I've nudged the one responsible to take a look. IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:00, October 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you, I later saw that an admin deleted the formula/whatever that linked to, but wasn't sure of etiquette. 184.108.40.206 07:04, October 3, 2014 (UTC)