Calculator:Combat/Combined Enhanced Devoted and Devoted
Having Devoted and Enhanced Devoted on one's gear has a benefit. Enhanced Devoted takes priority over Devoted. However, as Enhanced Devoted is unable to proc while it is currently active, this allows for a small window of time for Devoted to proc. Both Devoted and Enhanced Devoted, on their own, last 5 game ticks (3 seconds). This also means that it is possible (though unlikely) to have continuous procs of Enhanced Devoted and Devoted. The chance of continuous procs occurring is highly dependent on the attack speed of the enemy.
|Enhanced Devoted 3||43.83% (46.58%)||31.89% (34.35%)||23.79% (25.86%)||13.50% (14.85%)|
|Enhanced Devoted 3 + Devoted 2||47.34% (50.50%)||33.41% (36.10%)||24.41% (26.58%)||13.50% (14.85%)|
|Enhanced Devoted 3 + Devoted 3||48.77% (52.08%)||34.12% (36.91%)||24.72% (26.95%)||13.50% (14.85%)|
- is the attack speed of the enemy in game ticks.
- All numbers in parentheses refer to level 20 gear. (For the combination, both perks are on level 20 gear.)
- ^ For enemies that attack once every 5 ticks or more, Devoted will never go off. Therefore, this column matches the values for a standalone Enhanced Devoted 3.
When both are active, an icon for both Enhanced devoted and Devoted will be on the buff bar. As Devoted can only proc when Enhanced Devoted is active, this means there are at most ticks for Devoted to proc (because the internal cooldown of Enhanced Devoted is 5 ticks). Furthermore, as Enhanced Devoted is unable to proc again until it is no longer active, the biggest benefit one could get is to have the next proc of either perk occur toward the end of duration of the most recent proc; this would give the longest possible duration of continuous procs (this is not controllable, however). For example, consider a case of three in a row procs against an enemy that attacks every tick (an attack speed of 1):
- In this scenario, the first proc of Enhanced Devoted occurs and the hit that caused the proc and the next 4 subsequent hits will be reduced by the perk (five total hits)
- Now, within these next 4 hits, Devoted can proc.
- If Devoted were to proc on the first opportunity (the second hit in the five hit sequence), then Enhanced Devoted is unable to proc again until three more ticks pass.
- If Devoted were to proc on the second opportunity (the third hit in the five hit sequence), then Enhanced Devoted is unable to proc again until two more ticks pass.
- Likewise, once Devoted procs, it is also unable to proc again for five ticks.
- After the fifth hit, Enhanced Devoted can once again proc (meaning the earliest is on attack six).
- All possibilities should be taken into consideration for calculating the damage reduction. However, this can quickly become complicated and so another way to do this is to use a simulator that follows the way the perks work (and also work together).
|Calculator:Template/Combat/Combined Enhanced Devoted and Devoted|
One can use the simulator to compare to the values in the table above (which only lists Enhanced Devoted 3 combinations due to its already high damage reduction).
The simulator assumes:
- The enemy is always attacking with the same style that matches the protect prayer (deflect curse) used.
- The enemy is always attacking at the same attack speed.
template = Calculator:Template/Combat/Combined Enhanced Devoted and Devoted form = exprCalcForm result = exprCalcResult param = pvmorpvp|PvM or PvP?||select|PvM,PvP param = edevRank|Enhanced Devoted perk rank|3|select|0,1,2,3 param = devRank|Devoted perk rank|2|select|0,1,2,3 param = level20edev|Is Enhanced Devoted on level 20 gear?|No|select|Yes,No param = level20dev|Is Devoted on level 20 gear?|No|select|Yes,No param = t_AS|Enemy attack speed|3 or 4|select|1,2,3 or 4,5+ param = runSpeed|Select speed of simulator|Moderate|select|Slow (higher precision),Moderate,Fast (lower precision)
This calculator is a simulator that uniformally samples a random number between 0 and 1 each time a comparison is made to the Enhanced Devoted proc chance or Devoted proc chance. Because of this, the results will vary.
PvM or PvP?
Choce of either PvM or PvP.
Enhanced Devoted perk rank
Rank of Enhanced Devoted perk.
Devoted perk rank
Rank of Devoted perk.
Is Enhanced Devoted on level 20 gear?
If "Yes", the proc rate of the Enhanced Devoted perk is multiplied by 1.1 for choice of rank. If "No", the proc rate of the Enhanced Devoted perk is the normal value for choice of rank.
Is Devoted on level 20 gear?
If "Yes", the proc rate of the Devoted perk is multiplied by 1.1 for choice of rank. If "No", the proc rate of the Devoted perk is the normal value for choice of rank.
Enemy attack speed
Attack speed of enemy in ticks.
- Note : For PvP, the normal attack speed of the player is 3 game ticks (not including legacy combat).
Select speed of simulator
- Slow (higher precision) runs over hits.
- Moderate runs over hits.
- Fast (lower precision) runs over hits.