Calculator assumptions:[edit source]
- Tetracompasses & Complete tomes: This calculator will not factor tetracompass and complete tome chance into xp/h and gp/xp calculations.
- Additive multipliers: Most archaeology buffs note that they increase base precision or base success chance. From experimentation, it has been discovered with a 1.3% error that they are indeed additive multipliers.
- Wise perk: Experience displayed while using the Wise perk will not consider its daily 50,000 experience cap.
- Materials are bought: This calculator assumes that materials are bought to fulfill artefact restoration requirements in gp/xp calculations.
- Collections: Although this calculator does factor chronote value of artefacts, it does not factor collection rewards into calculations.
- RNG rewards: This calculator does not factor any additional random excavation rewards into xp/h and gp/xp calculations, such as:
- Tetracompass pieces
- Complete tomes
- Pylon batteries
- Disassembly/Invention components
- Seren spirits
- Divine blessings
- Recipe fragments
- Soil: Anything gained from screening soil with or without the autoscreener is not calculated (manual screening exp, artefacts, nor profits). This is the primary reason for why the Tarpaulin sheet has not been added to the calculator.
- Imp-souled: When using the imp-souled perk, it is assumed that the player will not fail to maintain 100% uptime on the perk by having sufficient prayer points. Therefore, the cost of prayer-point restoring potions are not used in calculations.
Clarifications and notes for future revisions:[edit source]
At the moment, there are three things that are unknown in the Archaeology community that couldn't be factored in calculations.
- Excavation (base) success chance: While it is known that different level excavation hotspots have different material success chances, it is unclear of what this correlation is. Data gathered from previous experiments do not point to any reasonable correlation or equation with an R2 > 90. Until then, this calculator will use an averaged, flat base 21% success chance for all excavations and mattocks, which is further increased from perks, focus, and other boosts.
- Level-based material success chance: There is yet to be a correlation developed between a player's Archaeology level and material success chance.
- Soil Screening: Soil screening for materials & artefacts can't be added without more experimental data. A correlation couldn't be created with ~500,000 soil screened, and thus has not yet been implemented into this calculator. Success chance for materials is capable of increasing and decreasing per increase in archaeology level. Without knowledge of each of these trends for each material and soil, it can't be added to the calculator without risk of displaying inaccurate results.
If you have any information, data, or noticed any error relevant to the calculator, please write your report in the discussion page.
Archaeology hotspot calculator[edit source]
template=Calculator:Archaeology Hotspot/Template form = ArcheoForm result = ArcheoResult param=hiscore|Name||hs|archaeology_level,28,1;archaeology_xp,28,2 param=cur_toggle|Current:|Level|buttonselect|Level,Experience|Level=archaeology_level;Experience=archaeology_xp param=archaeology_level|Archaeology level|99|int|1-120| param=archaeology_xp|Archaeology experience|13034431|int|1-200000000| param=tar_toggle|Target:|Level|buttonselect|Level,Experience|Level=target_level;Experience=target_xp param=target_level|Archaeology level|99|int|1-120 param=target_xp|Archaeology experience|13034431|int|1-200000000 param=bxp|Bonus experience|0|int|0-200000000||Bonus experience will not be used in this calculator unless you have a target level or experience higher than your own. param=method|Collection Method|Time Sprite High Intensity|buttonselect|Time Sprite High Intensity, Time Sprite Medium Intensity, AFK||AFK assumes no timesprite boosts. Medium Intensity assumes 40%+ Timesprite, never reaching 100%. High Intensity assumes consistently chasing timesprite to reach 100% intensity. param=activity|% Time Activity|86|int|1-100||The percentage of the time you are actively excavating from a hotspot. 100% would be holding spacebar, resulting in no excavation delays. The typical maximum possible % activity for the High Intensity method is 94-95%. param=mattock|Mattock||select|Bronze,Iron,Steel,Mithril,Adamant,Rune,Orikalkum,Dragon,Necronium,Crystal,Bane,Imcando,Elder Rune,Time and Space,Guildmaster Tony|Dragon,Crystal,Imcando,Time and Space,Guildmaster Tony=perkgroup param=perkgroup|Perks||group|lvl20,honed,furnace,fortune,impsouled,wise param=lvl20|Mattock level 20|false|check|1.1,1 param=honed|Honed|None|select|None,Honed 1,Honed 2,Honed 3,Honed 4,Honed 5,Honed 6 param=furnace|Furnace|None|select|None,Furnace 1,Furnace 2,Furnace 3,Furnace 4 param=fortune|Fortune|None|select|None,Fortune 1,Fortune 2,Fortune 3 param=impsouled|Imp Souled|None|select|None,Imp Souled 1,Imp Souled 2,Imp Souled 3,Imp Souled 4,Imp Souled 5,Imp Souled 6 param=wise|Wise|None|select|None,Wise 1,Wise 2,Wise 3,Wise 4 param=skillchompa|Skillchompas|None|select|None,Cobalt,Viridian,Azure,Crimson,Crystal|Cobalt,Viridian,Azure,Crimson,Crystal=skillchompaperk param=skillchompaperk|Save skillchompa PoF Passive's level|0|select|0,1,2||Having 1 or 2 paddocks of elder chinchompas in the Player-owned Farm grants the user an additional 3 or 5% chance to save a skillchompa when used. param=upgrade|Guild shop mattock base precision upgrades bought|None|select|None,One,Two,Three,Four param=dxp|Double XP Week|false|check|1,0||Double XP week is calculated differently for Archaeology. It grants 2x precision and 2x xp for excavating only. param=avatar|Avatar bonus (%)|0|select|0,3,4,5,6 param=effort|Inspire effort|false|check|1.02,1 param=torstol|Torstol incense sticks|false|check|1.02,1||Max potency is assumed param=additional_xp|Other experience boosts (%)|0|int|0-200 param=autoscreener|Soil modifiers|None|buttonselect|None,Autoscreener,Flow State Relic param=cosmic|Cosmic device|None|buttonselect|None,Cosmic focus,Cosmic accumulator param=brooch|Brooch of the Gods|false|check|1,0 param=powerburst|Doses of Powerburst of Opportunity used|0|int|0-30||With the two minute powerburst cooldown, 30 doses may be used per hour. This calculator assumes the powerburst is used when the multiplier will not exceed the "hitpoints" of the excavation hotspot. param=outfit|Outfit|None|select|None,Archaeologists Outfit,Master Archaeologists Outfit param=pieces|Outfit Pieces Unlocked|None|select|None,1 Piece, 2 Pieces, 3 Pieces, 4 Pieces, 5 Pieces param=tea|Archaeologists Tea|false|check|1.5,1 param=monocle|Hi-spec monocle|false|check|1,0 param=manual|Material manual|false|check|1.1,1 param=capeselect|Archaeology skillcape|None|buttonselect|None,99 cape,120 cape param=waterfiend|Waterfiend|false|check|1,0 param=portable|Using porters or notepaper?|None|select|None,Magic notepaper,Sign of the porter I,Sign of the porter II,Sign of the porter III,Sign of the porter IV,Sign of the porter V,Sign of the porter VI,Sign of the porter VII param=dwarf|Dwarf weed incense sticks|false|check|1.08,1||Max potency is assumed param=pylonroar|Global modifiers|None|buttonselect|None,Pylon active,Osseus Roar param=hide|Hide low level excavations?|true|check|1,0 param=statsfornerds|Stats for nerds|true|check|1,0|true=chronoteparam param=chronoteparam|Include chronote value of artefacts?|true|check|1,0||By default, this option is selected true. Every artefact has an associated chronote value for when it is turned in into a collection. For your convenience, this may be disabled if you intend on disassembling or turning in your artefacts into the wagon.