Caelyn Kadaan is a master thief found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] in the house north of the Edgeville bank with her wife Annette as part of the Heartstealer quest.
2020 Easter event
Previously she could be found south of Falador with her wife Annette during the 2020 Easter event, having riled up the imps into rebelling against the Easter Bunny. She offers sacks of loot in exchange for pilfered easter eggs. She claims to have stolen an 300-carrot diamond from Varrock Museum as well as the Max Guild, but returned it to the building before anybody noticed.
By giving Caelyn 10,000 pilfered easter eggs you will be given the title 'the poached' as a reward. Buying from her store is what counts as giving them the pilfered eggs, although Ironmen are unable to access her store, and can only donate eggs in batches of 2,000.
Caelyn grew up an orphan on the streets of Varrock. The only kindness she knew was when the Easter Bunny gave her a chocolate egg. This upset her as it was not the community support she actually needed and did not help her in the long run. Years later, she set up a scheme to rile up the Easter Bunny's workers and steal his eggs, giving half of the profit to the street orphans of Varrock.
The player aids Caelyn in stealing a ruby from the Varrock Museum as a gift for her wife Annette Kadaan. However it turns out the ruby was fake and it was Annette who donated it to the museum in the first place as an anniversary gift. The trio is found during the heist by Curator Haig Halen and two museum guards, but manages to escape with the help of the smoke bombs made earlier.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 8 February 2021 (Update):
- Caelyn and Annette Kadaan made principle characters in the new quest Heartstealer.
- Er, nobody tell Annette, but it looks like Caelyn's gone and forgotten to get her an anniversary gift! Luckily, our favourite thief has a plan - she needs you to help her infiltrate a fancy gala at the Varrock Museum and, ahem, 'appropriate' a massive heart-shaped ruby from right under everyone's noses. What could go wrong?
- If you have at least level 20 Thieving you'll also be able to claim a Thieving XP lamp from Caelyn after the quest.
- She makes a pun on the words carrot and carat in boasting about her exploits.
- She and Annette are RuneScape's first living NPC LGBT+ couple.
- ^ Caelyn Kadaan, "2020 Easter event", RuneScape. "You may have heard of the thief who filched the three hundred carrot produce-shaped Diamond from the Varrock museum."